Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox 800 in georgia red clay problem

maxxkatt

Just dug a 1 foot trench and then in the trench wall drove stakes in about 2" at the 6" depth and 12" depth parallel to the surface and place my targets in these slots.

My backyard in the trees for the test trench has about 6" of sandy soil and then solid red clay down lower.

I Can hit all my coins and trash at 6" loud and clear and solid TID's but nothing at 12" with my Equinox 800 in any mode eg park1,2, field 1,2, beach 1,2, gold 1,2.

Is the Georgia red clay that mineralized to limit my depth?

I did my noise cancel and ground balance before the test.

Any idea on what settings I could use to get through that layer of Georgia red clay?

Thanks for any help.

I can't help. But I personally think 12" coins are a lot for any machine.
But if you do figure it out. Let me know, I'm just North of you in Tn.
We have our share of red dirt up here too.

What happens when you do the same test with another single frequency (non multi freq) detector? My guess is that it would be even worse. VLF does not do well in mineralized soil.

Dean

Put it in gold 1, manual gb0, sens 25, and try a 70’s nickel. This is an air test though. I hear the nickel as a dig target to about 11” but I can hear it sensed to 18-21”. A quarter doesnt do as well. I have a video I’m going to post on my youtube. Mine is having unpredictable issues though. For I dont know how long it had max depth of 8”. I finally did a hard reset and it instantly went to 11”. Bunch of other weirdness remains. Taking videos so I can show Minelab. Need to try mine against another one.

You need a Minelab GPX 5000.lol

I'm in Kennesaw and have no problem hitting a 10" quarter and a 12" CW bullet in Park 1&2. Only setting I change is reactivity to 3 or 4.

Hi there!

Regarding test-hole and coin placement etc.....

There is a lack of necessary details.

First, identify coins for the reader's to relate to...size, diameter and thickness.

Most important also...horizontal insertion range into side of trench.....should be at least 12 inches, otherwise you will

be confusing the Equinox's ground-filters etc.

Also; will you quote ID #'s and related depths...thanks, matt.