Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 Noise

zombiemax

I used the machine this morning with no problems! Even found a 1913 Barber dime about 8 inches down. Tonight I used it again and when pinpointing the machine was giving off a crackling sound, any suggestions or causes anyone can think off?. I'm new to the Equinox 800 and was running Park 1, factory ground balance of 0 with tracking on, 50 tones and sensitivity at 20. I tried a manual ground balance and a factory reset with the same results.

When mine makes noise I drop sensitivity just a number or 2, helps for me.....

My guess......... headphones. You get that crackle with a bad connection...... try another pair of phones. IF its minerals and you are dirt hunting.......... reduce sensitivity a bit, use 4 recovery speed........noise cancel. Hold your detector in the air..... if you still hear it ..... most likely EMI.