Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 wait times

Bob38

I was wondering how long everyone had to wait for their equinox. I don't want to sound like an impatient person but just want to get a good fix on my expectations. I know many of you had to wait a long time.

8 weeks. From small dealer.

They are readily available in Canada. No wait time. They’re not well received here because of their poor performance on our coins. Not the detectors fault, our coins are junk.

dan b said:
They are readily available in Canada. No wait time. They’re not well received here because of their poor performance on our coins. Not the detectors fault, our coins are junk.

Interesting ... metal is metal ... I hear that there is some disappointment in the UK also because of poor performance on their older coins.
I wonder if it could be a matter of getting the settings right for the conditions?
I plan on using my Equinox 600 at the salt water beaches around here and for some shallow water detecting as well.
So far it has been stable in the salt water environment so I am happy with it.
Most of the time the tones will break up on a bottle cap but those round foil seals sure sound sweet!

It looks like supplies are catching up with demand here in the USA.

Willee said:

Interesting ... metal is metal ... I hear that there is some disappointment in the UK also because of poor performance on their older coins.
I wonder if it could be a matter of getting the settings right for the conditions?
I plan on using my Equinox 600 at the salt water beaches around here and for some shallow water detecting as well.
Most of the time the tones will break up on a bottle cap but those round foil seals sure sound sweet!

I personally have used it on several hunts in the U.K. and am very pleased with the performance! jmo

Laplander

I see them showing up in different places,so it appears that they are becoming more readily available. Call a few of the forum sponsors and see what they will be able to do for you.

I found mine right away shipped for MSRP. I am not allowed to say where here, but, if you P.M. me I will show you where you can probably get one right away.

UWMM

Lets face it ..... its been a very popular machine because of the price, warranty, travel ability and all those frez options. Lot of people got um just to have for vacations/beach and may not use um as their primary...... but that price very good.

Canadian coins can be difficult...... ive found most of mine when hunting in AM here in Fl. I wouldnt want to look for them in a park situation.

I waited from September - I ended up cancelling my original order and going through a smaller dealer after tiring of Minelab's distribution process. Took just a couple weeks after the change.

As for the wait time on accessories like the 6" coil, :laugh: , who knows. ? ? ? ? ? ?

Rich -

3 months and counting for me. I as #36 out of 35 on the last shipment, so should be soon.

I noticed there are alot of them out there available from several sources if you look.
cant mention names. But they are out there. Guess they are catching up with the demand.

Willee said:

Its the fact that a lot of modern coins are iron cored that some detectors struggle with them.
In the UK i think its disappointment with the fact that the machine is not too hot on small hammered and roman coins in amongst the iron......after the hype that they would be.

The original dealer said it would be another 6 weeks. So I just canceled and got it within three days from another dealer in three days at MSRP. Today was my first hunt and after I got it squared away I had a great day. I must say that I'm very impressed. Thanks for the replies

Probably not hot on Hammered and Roman because the sites are cleaned out!....... Not much left to find any more on the sites that were good say 40 years ago.. .
The clubs have hammered out most good fields..