Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900 owners

I'm hoping maybe, I can go to 4 or 5 khz single freq. & use the coiltek 10x5 coil as coin shooter just to help cover a lil more ground. Also if i dont like the 10x5 coil it can be used as trade stock towards the 15x12 equinox smart coil.

I just went back and looked at the messages between Chris and I on the coiltek coil he bought from me.

He was able to crank up the 4 and 5 kHz to get it to quiet down some.

You can do whatever you want to but I believe personally the minelab coils just perform better and is a safer bet.

Believe it or not......until you run across a real trashy area I would just stick with the stock 11 inch coil

And in case you have not noticed it there is a very nice eq900 for sale in the classifieds right now.

Last edited:
I just went back and looked at the messages between Chris and I on the coiltek coil he bought from me.

He was able to crank up the 4 and 5 kHz to get it to quiet down some.

You can do whatever you want to but I believe personally the minelab coils just perform better and is a safer bet.

Believe it or not......until you run across a treal rashy area I would just stick with the stock 11 inch coil

And in case you have not noticed it there is a very nice eq900 for sale in the classifieds right now.
The reason I asked about the coiltek 10x5, was it was going to be offered in a equinox 900 package deal. Also if it's no problem keep us posted on coiltek's response to the 10x5 coil your friend got from you. I think you are correct on the coiltek 10x5 being a chatty coil & is affected by EMI, also thats what others have stated. Thanks. I appreciate everyone's response.

I have been thinking about a equinox 900 metal detector to replace a couple older units. With the equinox 900 can you pick more than 1 frequency or does it only allow for single frequency or 6 frequencies in multi-IQ operations. I'm curious if you can make a custom program & pick say 3 frequencies of your choice. Thanks

I have been thinking about a equinox 900 metal detector to replace a couple older units. With the equinox 900 can you pick more than 1 frequency or does it only allow for single frequency or 6 frequencies in multi-IQ operations. I'm curious if you can make a custom program & pick say 3 frequencies of your choice. Thanks
That is a great detector plus it comes with the 6" coil check with Rich at backwoods great dealer!
Mark

I want to Thank You guys for the write ups on the equinox 900. I'm hoping I will like a equinox 900 if I can acquire one. I personally think the expanded TID#'s on the new minelab is what finally drew me to the minelab brand. Sucks Whites is no longer in business. I recently acquired a new Xterra Pro & really like that detector for a budget detector. It sure performs like a top of the line detector. Now I'm wanting the equinox 900 because of the advanced adjustability. I think the xterra pro needs a iron bias or something like a bottle cap reject setting & the xterra pro then would really shine. Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.
The frequency shift is your greatest tool as far as Iron bias goes.

My experience with the 10X5 Coiltek coil is definitely not the same as Tim's. I think it's a very good coil. It's basically in the middle of the Minelab 6" and 11" coils. As you would expect, the smaller 6" trumps the 10X5 when it comes to separation and minimizing emi. Also as expected, the larger 10X5 trumps the 6" for depth and ground coverage. Compare the 10X5 to the 11" and it's the opposite. Again as expected. The 10X5 feels the best ergonomically on the Nox IMO.

My experience with the 10X5 Coiltek coil is definitely not the same as Tim's. I think it's a very good coil. It's basically in the middle of the Minelab 6" and 11" coils. As you would expect, the smaller 6" trumps the 10X5 when it comes to separation and minimizing emi. Also as expected, the larger 10X5 trumps the 6" for depth and ground coverage. Compare the 10X5 to the 11" and it's the opposite. Again as expected. The 10X5 feels the best ergonomically on the Nox IMO.
I'm waiting on my Nox 900 to be delivered, should be hear tomorrow. I did have a Coiltek 10x5 show up today & used it on my new Xterra Pro in the park for about 30minutes & it was slaying the quarters. I'm liking the 10x5 coiltek coil & I've only used it maybe 30minutes. Found $2.25 in quarters at lunch. I think I'm going to need 2 10x5 coiltek coils now. This one might permanently stay on the Xterra Pro now!!!

I'm waiting on my Nox 900 to be delivered, should be hear tomorrow. I did have a Coiltek 10x5 show up today & used it on my new Xterra Pro in the park for about 30minutes & it was slaying the quarters. I'm liking the 10x5 coiltek coil & I've only used it maybe 30minutes. Found $2.25 in quarters at lunch. I think I'm going to need 2 10x5 coiltek coils now. This one might permanently stay on the Xterra Pro now!!!
Well you will probably use the eq900 more than the xterra I believe.
It is a good one.
I would like for you to try the elliptical coil 10x5 on the eq900 and tell me if it runs stable in multi iq or is more chattery with a sensitivity setting at 20 or above.

Keep me posted as I am curious

It is a good one.
I would like for you to try the elliptical coil 10x5 on the eq900 and tell me if it runs stable in multi iq or is more chattery with a sensitivity setting at 20 or above.

I will run it on the 900 as soon as it shows up. I did notice today when running the 10x5 coiltek coil on the Xterra Pro it got chatty after 20 on the sensitivity setting in city school park. 21 it started to chirp & 22 sensitivity & it started talking to you. That was running in 5khz today.

It is a good one.

Ok bigtim1973, with the equinox 900 & the coiltek 10x5 coil, with the detector in park 1 multi frequency. All factory settings. I could get a sensitivity setting of 18 & the detector is silent. If I went to sens.19 it would randomly chirp. If I ran the sens. up to 20 using the 10x5 coiltek, the equinox 900 was unstable. Also note it is the worse spot in town for EMI.

I would like to hear from you guys & gals using the equinox 700/900 how much recovery rate affects depth. What depth would you lose or gain from a recovery speed change of 6 versus 4 or even a recovery speed of 2? Would you lose say 2" inches of depth for every 2 points you increase recovery speed. Thanks.

I would like to hear from you guys & gals using the equinox 700/900 how much recovery rate affects depth. What depth would you lose or gain from a recovery speed change of 6 versus 4 or even a recovery speed of 2? Would you lose say 2" inches of depth for every 2 points you increase recovery speed. Thanks.
I never go above 4 in recovery as any faster, I will loose the deeper coins in a hurry. Recovery of 4 for me gives me the best of both worlds: depth and separation.

Attachments

• tmp.gif
    tmp.gif
    43.5 KB · Views: 66
I just read on this forum I could use my equinox 900 wireless headphones on my new Xterra Pro. Can I pair my equinox 900 headphones to my Xterra Pro without worries? Or should I not do it, as maybe they might like/or lock on to one detector over the other. Thanks.