Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 900 struggles...

Thanks Jimmy! I think I will lower the recovery speed a bit first and hunt with the horseshoe button on...It's quite windy here and supposed to hit 81* today. The ground will dry quite quickly! Just over a week ago I was hunting and it was a high of 41* with 20 mph west winds...
Good luck and I look forward to your report.

I spent a good 3 1/2 hours hunting today and ended up with 7 lousy coins. The oldest was an 1866 shield nickle. 1 1946 rosey, 3 memorial cents, a corroded wheat cent and a clad quarter. These coins came from three different ball fields that have been pounded for over 40 years. I am starting to think that I wasted a lot of money and maybe these places I hit with my 600 did the trick. I switched between Park 1 and Field 2 again. The highest I could run sensitivity was 25,many times dropping to 21-23 to eliminate the chatter. What's the use of Minelab increasing sensitivity to 28 if the machine is not up to the task? The headphones paired up instantly today so no problems there. I will give the machine so more time. Thanks guys! Ted
For hard hit sites I'd say you're doing pretty good. Congrats on Rosie wheat, clad and great job on the shield nickel. I hunt pounded city parks and know a skunk could happen on any one of those trips. What keeps me going back is the chance of digging old coins. Good luck. Mark

For hard hit sites I'd say you're doing pretty good. Congrats on Rosie wheat, clad and great job on the shield nickel. I hunt pounded city parks and know a skunk could happen on any one of those trips. What keeps me going back is the chance of digging old coins. Good luck. Mark
Exactly

Thanks Jimmy! I think I will lower the recovery speed a bit first and hunt with the horseshoe button on...It's quite windy here and supposed to hit 81* today. The ground will dry quite quickly! Just over a week ago I was hunting and it was a high of 41* with 20 mph west winds...
Ted might I suggest lowering the volume to 2 in bin 1. This way it will run like a quiet background. You still hear everything but the constant ground noise will be less annoying. Good luck. Mark

I hunted about an hour and a half today..1 wheatie that was deeper than my Whites TRX probe and some clad. This was at a local ball park that has yielded silver in the past. I lowered the iron bias to 1 and recovery speed of 4. This was in Field 2. It was very warm and windy so I am calling it quits for a few days...

4 or 5 silver coins a month with the 900 will beat your last years silvers with the 600, so seemingly you are off to a good start. I hunt with a 600, too, and am thinking about going to the 900. Just haven't convinced myself yet that the 900 will will find much more than the 600, let alone, behind it. New detectors are fun to master, though, so enjoy the march and have fun. HH jim tn

4 or 5 silver coins a month with the 900 will beat your last years silvers with the 600, so seemingly you are off to a good start. I hunt with a 600, too, and am thinking about going to the 900. Just haven't convinced myself yet that the 900 will will find much more than the 600, let alone, behind it. New detectors are fun to master, though, so enjoy the march and have fun. HH jim tn
I have a 600 and a 800 I have never used the 800, I guess my thinking is my 600 is good luck, and I have had that with it

Sometimes people get a newer detector for depth and expect to find a lot of deeper coins. I did this myself with the Manticore, I go to parks we've hammered with the Nox's, we did not miss much. Sometimes there isn't any deep deep targets. However the 900 and Manticore have been pulling targets out that others aren't reading. I find so many deep coins on edge straight up and down. You find more stacked coins and coin spills. They also have better separation at a faster speed so you can go faster and still hear all the targets. Stick with the general program settings, adjust your sensitivity according to noise then back it down 1 more. I don't know if the 900 has the same noise cancel as the Manticore where you can hold down the noise cancel button and it will continuously cycle through the settings until if stays on the best one.

Good luck and just give it time I don't care how long you detected every machine takes time to learn it thoroughly