Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Book

i have clives book which i read and reread several times. i get more out of it each time i read it as my experience with nox grows -- good book

I still need a teaser or two about just one or two written, secret info someone gained from the book. I simply don't care for hard copy instructional manuals. I own and still have many books with the binders hardly broken. Reading simply "bites" after a point.

Sooo, does anyone have something from the books to offer me as a teaser? I really don't believe that most detectors need more than metal detecting web sites, Google and just simply going metal detecting a lot.

Please tell me 2 things you found in a book, not already stated on numerous detecting sites. Just two?

I don't see any difference in reading something in a book or on a forum, both are good and helpful.

I still prefer books because I can make notes and highlight things.

Doug

"Focus on the most solid signals...Rather than digging tiny part-responses, use Pinpoint to check solidity, and a slight angles pass to see the consistency" Source: Skill-building with the Minelab Equinox Series Metal Detectors by Clive James Clynick

I use this as a reference book, the pages are dog eared and the book has marks and sticky notes all over it. I wrote up an air testing grid that Clive suggested on the last blank page. I read parts of it and re read it to understand and remember. If you don't use a book like this, don't buy it, use what works best for you.

I have so far gained at least a dozen or so useful ideas and tips, I am sure I will find more. If I can get one good piece of info from a book like this it is worth it. Good luck.