Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox coil

mascard1

The Vanqish is coming with a 8" coil V8..does that mean that theres a 8" coil in the future for the Equinox?...They will already have the mold!..Come on Minelab!

If there was a coil that size for the Equinox it would be my standard coil for general use.
The only time it would come off would be for beach hunting and in open fields away from house sites.

Now that the Vanquish is coming out (soon).----If Minelab made a coil that size for the Equinox--it would hurt the sales on the Vanquish.

Vanquish coils will not work on the EQX, and Minelab has stated that they have no plans to produce further coils for the EQX. Sad, I know.

Nice coil but I'm doing fine with the stock and 6"
Mark

Heres a thought. Both detectors are M-IQ tech, so in theory the coils should be cross-compatible. I have heard from someone who says they have seen the Vanquish in person and that the coil connections are physically different so they cant be plugged into the other machine.

So, how long do you think it will be before someone creates an adapter to allow us to use a V coil on an EQX?

dewcon4414 said:
Heck I’d swap out the connector if that coil works.

Yeah, but someones going to have to be the guinea pig who ponies up and buys a V to cut apart the coil cable to see if CAN work.

I’d much rather see a 5x10 elliptic DD like they have for the Exterra 70 and 705

Digger 45 said:
I'm with you Donut i won't buy another coil for the Nox until a 5x10 comes out.
I really miss the 5x10 coil and found a lot with it . And on the Nox I think it would be really nice because you can cover more area fast in trashy areas.your covering 10”: but when you get into trash you can rotary it 90* and work it at 5” if you go slow and are carefully.

Doug

i think we will have to wait for the equinox 1000 for that 5x10 coil. I see a top tier detector coming replacing the 2 top heavy weights …

basstrackerman said:
i think we will have to wait for the equinox 1000 for that 5x10 coil. I see a top tier detector coming replacing the 2 top heavy weights …

Plan on waiting a while! ML has been bringing out new detectors for a market level on about a 5 - 7 years timeline.

Jason in Enid said:
basstrackerman said:

Plan on waiting a while! ML has been bringing out new detectors for a market level on about a 5 - 7 years timeline.
Yeah I guess they don't want to flood the market like Apple does now with their phones lol

With the amount of warranty parts issued, they might moved that date up a bit.
That could save them headaches and not lose many customers who are not happy.

Tony

I’m no expert but years ago I think there is a law tha company have to supply parts for 7 years after last production

Donut said:
I’m no expert but years ago I think there is a law tha company have to supply parts for 7 years after last production

Yeah, that sound right. I cant quote a statute, but that matches what I remember about it.