Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Coils And Heat Stress

5900_XL-1

I came from a background of using the Whites V3i, a multi frequency machine. I wonder about the fragility of the Nox multi frequency coils, left in a car during summer heat. I lost more than one of my V3i coils back in the beginning, pretty sure it came from carrying coils in my car during hunts, it Texas heat.

Being that these Equinox coils are multi frequency, I just thought I'd suggest preparing on hunts, especially if you carry more than one coil. These coils are pricey. I personally have thermal bags which which I toss in a frozen water bottle to two, and slide the spare coil in it. Might not be needed but you can't be too careful.

That’s actually a good idea. I was going to sell or give away my Minelab bag for the CTX but now I’ll just put my Equinox in it with the cold water bottles.

Extreme heat, direct sunlight in an enclosed environment has been known to change coil harmonics. The water bottle is a good idea - maybe frozenwster. I use heavy layering of material (thick towels & blankets) and detector bags and it has worked. I also don’t let my detectors sit in the sun when I’m not Detecting.