Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox complete carbon-fiber shaft prototype...

sgoss66 said:
Jason,

In my experience, the "standard" tube produced by tube suppliers is 2mm wall thickness. Deviation from that is "possible;" the tube suppliers can make your tubes to whatever spec you need. Personally, I stick very close to this 2mm standard at a minimum; my "thinnest" tube I use is 1.75mm thick. I will not go any thinner than that, as my opinion is that you would be trading off durability, for only minimal weight reduction. Meanwhile, other tubes I use are spec'd as thick as 2.6mm. It's based on design requirements, etc. -- but this is the way I do things, for whatever that is worth. I THINK this is what you are asking...

If you have other, specific questions, send me a PM and I'll glad to try and help as best I can!

Thanks,

Steve
Thank you very much, Steve. You are my idol. You reply to my questions so quickly! Feel very happy

They look great Steve I know they will help to find "more silver" lol

sgoss66 said:
Mkus --

THANKS for your kind words! Anything that helps "find silver" is a good thing, right?! ;)

Steve
Definitely lol saw these cam locks look nice to.