Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox finds Gold Coin

Bryan V

Found my first gold Coin guys!
I was on the way back to the truck with about 5 minuets left in my hunt when I got a deeper sounding
18-19 on the Nox.. I’ve had Indian Head Cents drop down and touch that low in the past so I thought I was on to
ether a IHP or older Wheat Cent.. Shockingly it end up being a 1910 Indian Half Eagle $5.00 Gold Coin!
I was stunned!
I was carrying a new GoPro and was able to get some footage, but unfortunately not a live dig..
The videos a little rough from my lack of experience, and excitement.. I wasn’t going to even put it up,
But here it is.. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YdgUFSUry1s I put a couple of closeups of the coin at the end of the video..
The adrenaline definitely affected my thinking as you can see..

Found in an early 1900s city Park in Park 1 - 50 Tones..

Bryan

Here are some photos if you don’t do YouTube.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/874/40204214045_fac11dbd32_z.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/807/40204213395_4df0175058_z.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/896/40204213175_be582e0db1_z.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/888/40204213675_d0e256308d_z.jpg

Oh Man That's Amazing.. The Nox rocks and it paid for it's self Congrats

You are a fortunate guy Bryan,congratulations on something most will never see. So if they’re swinging a bit below an Indian that would equate to a 32-33 on the CTX?
I can’t stop looking at it....slobbering....wishing....:)

IDXMonster said:
You are a fortunate guy Bryan,congratulations on something most will never see. So if they’re swinging a bit below an Indian that would equate to a 32-33 on the CTX?
I can’t stop looking at it....slobbering....wishing....:)

Yes, I feel very fortunate..
I never really expected to find one...
You think about it now and then, but in the back of your mind you figure it won’t happen.

I don’t have a CTX anymore but it rings up a solid 12-31 on my E-Trac.. Mostly 18 out of the ground on the Equinox in Park 1..
When I found it in the ground it was 18-19..
There was a half dime size piece of thrash a couple inches directly above the gold coin..
Some kind of iron based button or snap cover. . It reads roughly -7 -8 out of the ground..

I didn’t get any iron grunts with the in-ground signal.. very solid and nice sounding..

Thanks,
Bryan

Thanks for sharing Bryan,

Finds like these especially yours are very encouraging, we keep telling ourselves surely old parks must have lost gold coins in them.

Very encouraging, with the Equinox on a $5 dollar gold coin that's about right with an ID of around 18.

My recent $5 gold piece from farm land was 17 to 18 in the ground but out on the surface a solid 18. We just need to dig 17-19 on deep signals, just like yours eventually one will surfaced from an old park.

Here on out, I'm digging these deeper 17-19 signals in old parks.

Thanks again for sharing, and congratulations on the major score!
Paul

Congratulations! Very nice! Unbelievable! The Equinox 800 is awesome!

The Equinox with the multiple frequencies/KHz I must ask was that in the 40 kHz?

I am learning so much about the hobby!

Thanks!

Love the incused coin Bryan!! That's why we recheck holes :clapping: I think you did a great job with your video considering you just popped your first gold!
Laplander

#1Leatherneck said:
Congratulations! Very nice! Unbelievable! The Equinox 800 is awesome!

The Equinox with the multiple frequencies/KHz I must ask was that in the 40 kHz?

I am learning so much about the hobby!

Thanks!

Thanks!
I was using Multi Frequency and 50 Tones..

laplander said:
Love the incused coin Bryan!! That's why we recheck holes :clapping: I think you did a great job with your video considering you just popped your first gold!
Laplander

Thanks Laplander..
It was a surreal experience for sure and definitely messed with my normally calm mind..
I have definitely gained a new respect for those who put out videos..
I’m a pretty quiet guy so talking to myself (the camera) doesn’t come easy..

Bryan

Very nice find! I've been looking for one of those for many moons now...The parks Mike and I hunt surely have gold coins somewhere! :surprised:

Ma the Nox loves the mid conductors. I believe the Nox is to mids what the FBS/BBS is to high conductors. No other way people would be digging so many gold coins with a single machine this early on.. I think were going to see a lot more of this.

Congratulations!

Congratulations on recovering what I consider to be the most beautiful coin the US mint ever produced. One I've been (unsuccessfully) trying to find for the past 46 years! HH Randy