Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX Seven silver COINS could not be detected on the side of each other

I see someone online will overlap seven or more COINS, but EQUINOX not detected, and there are many online is undetectable testers, I don't know whether I fake video, or brand competition xp! Has anyone ever tested it?

Many online tests where it does pick up the coins. Most of the ones where it doesnt pick up the coin it appears to me the operator has some weird settings. I saw/heard this idea a few months ago and I did my own test. My 800 does pick them up. If a person jacks around long enough with settings most machines will or will not sing the National Anthem in Chinese.

I actually don't understand the concern over the idea. Question: so you are out in a field detecting, you have been told it will not pick up a coin on edge, and you dont hear or see a target from the machine, do you dig on the chance it is a coin on its edge? Many machines will not pick up a small gold chain, but we dont dig all places where we dont get a signal. We usually dont say 'To Hades with that machine, it won't pick up a gold chain and I aint buying that!'! Do the test yourself and see if you can set up the machine so it does see or display a target. Then YOU will be sure you will get a target in the field, or be reasonably sure!

jas415 said:
Many online tests where it does pick up the coins. Most of the ones where it doesnt pick up the coin it appears to me the operator has some weird settings. I saw/heard this idea a few months ago and I did my own test. My 800 does pick them up. If a person jacks around long enough with settings most machines will or will not sing the National Anthem in Chinese.

I actually don't understand the concern over the idea. Question: so you are out in a field detecting, you have been told it will not pick up a coin on edge, and you dont hear or see a target from the machine, do you dig on the chance it is a coin on its edge? Many machines will not pick up a small gold chain, but we dont dig all places where we dont get a signal. We usually dont say 'To Hades with that machine, it won't pick up a gold chain and I aint buying that!'! Do the test yourself and see if you can set up the machine so it does see or display a target. Then YOU will be sure you will get a target in the field, or be reasonably sure!

On the other hand I would rather NOT see a high performance detector being used where I like to hunt.
So Please ... do buy something else.

jas415 said:

Well said!

Dean

I think he is asking.. if you Lay 7 coins flat side by side in a row over lapped..Can the EQ pick up each coin individually.. ????????
I might be wrong.....

I am using EQUINOX600. But I don't have much silver COINS, I saw the video, with seven or more silver COINS, overlap, and then test silver heap every Angle, coin stack must level off, you can try. My English expression ability is not very good, I hope you can forgive me!

I have found a few coins on edge and even a few on edge next to iron and the Equinox identified the coin so for me at least I'm happy !!

When you are in the field,either the machine will give you an indication of a target you may want to dig or it won’t. You never get to know beforehand what it is. Like Dean said previously,if you “jack around” long enough you can make the machine miss something or hit something it would really not realistically hit sitting in its natural surrounding. Know what you’re looking for,set the machine to be able to hit that or those targets,plus a little open either way,and go hunt. In the end,it’s all we have.
Personally,though I know stacked or coins in close proximity can really skew a reading or make it not read at all if disc is applied,it makes no difference in how I hunt. I can’t let it. For every “special situation” you try to prepare for,you’re taking away from the other 99% of targets that show up the way they’re supposed to,or close. You,me and everyone else WILL miss something. The stuff we find today is all stuff someone else has missed,if you’re hunting old silver coins. Just set up for your targets,open a bit either way, and don’t sweat what you can’t change.

IDXMonster said:
When you are in the field,either the machine will give you an indication of a target you may want to dig or it won’t. You never get to know beforehand what it is. Like Dean said previously,if you “jack around” long enough you can make the machine miss something or hit something it would really not realistically hit sitting in its natural surrounding. Know what you’re looking for,set the machine to be able to hit that or those targets,plus a little open either way,and go hunt. In the end,it’s all we have.
Personally,though I know stacked or coins in close proximity can really skew a reading or make it not read at all if disc is applied,it makes no difference in how I hunt. I can’t let it. For every “special situation” you try to prepare for,you’re taking away from the other 99% of targets that show up the way they’re supposed to,or close. You,me and everyone else WILL miss something. The stuff we find today is all stuff someone else has missed,if you’re hunting old silver coins. Just set up for your targets,open a bit either way, and don’t sweat what you can’t change.
You're right, I agree with you, these are just special circumstances, my EQUINOX is very good, I love my metal detector! He did help me find a lot of treasures! I just don't want to see the slander between brands. I hope we can see more of each other's advantages and make progress together.

Usually in the early spring I find multiple coins stuck together. As the weather gets drier or the ground is very dry, I don't seem to get those signals. So this might be the case here IMO.

No matter what machine I use that is what I have experienced. Whites, fisher, Exp II and now the Impact; all of them have done it. Sometimes two, three, four or more coins stuck together. I think it is crazy but I put them in my pouch and move on. To me it is just part of this crazy hobby.

Maybe this test might work if the ground was very moist, almost dripping.

Tony

PS: a first for me this year was two mercs in the same hole but they weren't stuck together, they were close to iron nails. I was lucky to approach them from an angle and got a good signal. Never found two silvers or more stuck together. I wonder if anyone else has?

I used a silver half stuck in ground on edge. Park 1 and field 1 in all metal nothing. A slight blip .. tried park 2 and field 2 and good high tone mid 30's ID. My other detector hit coin perfect no matter what mode I used.

Tony, as for the multiple coins stuck together, yes, I too have found them many times, as for silver only maybe 8 or ten times. One was a pair of Merc dimes from a hot fire that were about 90% centered over each other and 'welded' together, read silver dime range. Another was 3 quarters and 2 dimes almost vertically stacked, maybe a 30 degree angle off vertical. Read a tad higher than silver quarter.

On the NOx I have had 2 multiple silver finds, stuck together, 2 mercs overlaying about halfway, and 2 rosies about a quarter of the way overlaid (based on the stains on the coins). On both of those I got lower readings, a 24-26 and just a tad 'blippy'. I could center the coil over a very small spot and get consistent solid 26, but sweeping it over them got the jumpy 24-26. On almost every spill with the Nox it does the same thing, multiple tones and numbers, but in almost every case really slowing down and working the toe of the coil around with little tiny 2-3" sweeps, I can pick out the individual targets. Also, on a spill that has the coins maybe 4-6" apart it does the same, lots of chirpy wide ranging signals. I have a feeling, not proof, just a feeling, that the machine is SO fast, it picks up an edge of each coin, or edge of any metal, and sounds off. To me, the slowing to CTX or less speed allows me to separate them out a bit.

I tried the 'edge' thing with a 2x4 with saw notched cuts, at a vertical and then at a 45. The nox picked up each every time. I have not put them on top or overlapping a small part, but I feel it will hit them.

I run Field 2, 5 tones and bins -9 to 10 low tone and low volume, 11-14 tone and volume at 20, 15-18 tone and volume at 10, 19-23 tone and volume at 20, and 24 up tone and volume at 25, and I use the 'horseshoe' button to eliminate the iron. Sense at 22-23, recovery at 5 and bias at 1. I saved a profile with recovery at 3 to see if it made a real difference, but I cant say for sure.

Jas415, thanks for the post. I now have something to test.

It is getting dry here in NJ and I will stop digging very soon.

So at least I can try this test, probably under trees out of the sun.

Thanks to all for this cool subject/idea.

Tony

JASON CHINA said:
You're right, I agree with you, these are just special circumstances, my EQUINOX is very good, I love my metal detector! He did help me find a lot of treasures! I just don't want to see the slander between brands. I hope we can see more of each other's advantages and make progress together.

I could not agree more. A good machine is a good machine,it doesn’t matter what name is on it!:thumbup: