Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Shaft Twist & Arm Rest Fix

Altamaha

Here is a fix for the Equinox shaft twist problem as well as an upgraded Arm Rest.

1 - Parts - 2 high quality double spring clips to replace the cheap single Minelab spring clips (shown) & 15/64 metal drill bit

Twist Fix Procedure:

- Disassemble the shaft & remove the 2 cheap single spring clips
- Drill an opposing hole (use the existing holes as a guide) in the location/position where the length is correct for you
- Install the 2 high quality double spring clips in the shaft (per photo), re-assemble & tighten the knurl knobs
- Done/Twist problem solved

Arm Rest

I purchased an X-Terra Arm Rest to replace the one supplied on the Equinox. perfect fit (just remove the supplied one & replace), metal/black powder coated. Don't know why Minelab didn't use this Arm Rest in the first place!

Printed Equinox Manual Shown

FYI

If you really want a nice arm cup Jeff Herke makes one for the X-terra. I have one on mine so if an X-terra. It's just like the ones he made for the Explorers. So if a regular x-terra cup fits then the Herke should fit as well. When I got mine a few months ago he still had stock.

sanjuro said:
where did you purchase the spring clips ?

Don't know if i'm allowed to post that here so I sent you a message.

txop said:
FYI

If you really want a nice arm cup Jeff Herke makes one for the X-terra. I have one on mine so if an X-terra. It's just like the ones he made for the Explorers. So if a regular x-terra cup fits then the Herke should fit as well. When I got mine a few months ago he still had stock.

Wow that's good to know. I have his Arm Cups for my other Minelab Detectors!

Thanks

Twist cams are trouble in a beach environment. They get sand in them and become hard to twist. If you are going to stay with the twist cams then you need to make sure that you flush the cams with water when you get home. Do not be one of those guys that never takes his detector apart. Or you will be very surprised some day when you can't get it apart.

Awwww someone figured out what ive been saying...... about the need for a double spring clip. The ^&%$#* shaft i tested had double spring clip. It was obvious the coil movement with the travel shaft ML provided needed them to stop the coil and shafts from moving....... which will over time, especially for beach hunters, wear those twist locks.

Goodmore i agree especially if you are using the ML upper thats aluminum. Aluminum blister inside and will lock up much faster than CF. BUT..... if you are like me i have few two piece shafts that i NEVER take apart..... and will use the ML as a travel shaft. I also drill a small hole just above the coil head connector to let out water and sand that builds up there. Huge difference when you come out of the water with that lower shaft full.

Can you PM me where you got the metal arm cuff? I'm only seeing the rounded plastic ones everywhere. Thanks.

RavRad said:
Can you PM me where you got the metal arm cuff? I'm only seeing the rounded plastic ones everywhere. Thanks.

PM Sent.