Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EQUINOX technologies.......

Such a small power supply to do all the above theories? Just a thought. I think Minelab sent the above graph just to create a buzz. There is no real disclaimer to be held accountable for, but it sure does stir the pot of curiosity and keep the Equinox in the public eye. BBS has been around 17 years or so and FBS 5 years or so and we still aren't sure how they work or process information so how in the world could we hope to guess multi- IQ ? What I do know is out of all the choices of detectors out there, Minelab is consistently the best. So I'm sure the Equinox will fill a notch somewhere. JMHO

That's where I stand Carolina. There has been a lot of guessing based on limited information and while I do enjoy reading what people get from a small bit of info, there is one thing I think that drives the real interest in the Equinox. Nothing has done me more right than the Minelab. Loved my CTX and I love my E-Trac. I haven't seen a detector on the market yet that, in my needs, can compare. With just that trust in Minelab I am happy to look forward to the Equinox feeling it will be a serious contender if not a game breaker.

My thoughts as well. This is a hobby, a way to get away, have fun, relax, and dream about the next great find. Is it a leap of faith to believe what a manufacturer is saying about an upcoming product, probably. My own experience has taught me that the products I have used and enjoyed from ML have not disappointed, from the Advantage, to the X Terra, the ET, and the CTX. I thoroughly enjoy the debate and speculation, and have learned a great deal from the more experienced folks on this site, but my order is already in, and I can't wait to get the EQX.....sermon over.
BTW, if ML is monitoring this sight, we are going to the Florida coast in a couple of weeks, if you'd like a saltwater test in English, just a thought...:0)

jtalley007 said:
BBS and FBS must behave differently than traditional single frequency machines?

I've always had a theory that Minelabs favor the lower frequencies since they don't respond at all or well to small gold.

If the upper frequencies were coming into play they would be killers on gold?

JMHO

Jerry

Jerry is FBS multi-frequencies about target conductivity or soil mineralization? Are the higher frequencies in FBS used for small gold? Sort of, I mean FBS will hit on tiny high conductors like 1/8 inch bits of fishing tackle, small silver chain lobster claw clasps, even the tiny silver butterfly wing earring backs much of which ID's between foil and nickel. But gold that small total silence so at the higher frequencies in FBS there are limits. This hints that FBS higher frequencies may be 2nd, 3rd, 4th order harmonic frequencies that are much weaker, vs a single frequency machine that's transmitting a fundamental high frequency at full strength. Facts are facts, FBS won't hit on small gold that my 56 kHz machine will smack HARD.

The spooky stuff Minelab won't talk about...how FBS rejects soil mineralization the secret to improved target ID at depth and maybe multi-frequency is part of that secret sauce. Silver quarter at 12 inches in moderate mineralization, FBS screams out silver, Whites DFX ID on that target iron, the 12 inches of soil mineralization so swamped the silver quarter signal the DFX could tell something was there, but it couldn't accurately ID it. Same day different target, large cent, same result FBS ID textbook large cent, no question, Whites DFX ID iron.

But targets even deeper FBS begin having the same issue as single frequency machines, the target portion of the signal begins to be overwhelmed with the soil mineralization, at the same time distance from the target to the coil means fewer coil magnetic field lines striking the target so while soil mineralization is increasing, the target portion of the signal is growing weaker. So on FBS target ID begins jumping around, you hear a mix of mineralization/coin tones. Deeper still and poof the target is gone, swamped by the soil mineralization.

So when Minelab says the Equinox has improved target ID at depth vs FBS that may result in more achieved depth depending on your local soil. It may pull jumping around iffy targets up into solid ID and targets you never heard up into the iffy jumping around zone. There's more to a depth comparison FBS vs Equinox than a simple air test.

I believe that target ID at depth is a game changer in itself ..I no that if in doubt dig it..but how many have you dug that were junk then get about the same signal later then don't dig it because of one thing or another....numbers are just to jumpy
or what ever...if ID is more solid (especially at depth) even if its 2 numbers variation instead of all over the place I'll feel better about digging it because it's probly going to be good...that's after you get the EQ figured out...which we all may have a little bit of a learning curve but worth it ...that's half the fun of this hobby..(.WOW have to remember that number) or (have to see if the next bottle cap is that number) hopefully a quarter has a diff. number...can't wait to get mine...

\"Carolina\" said:
Such a small power supply to do all the above theories? Just a thought. I think Minelab sent the above graph just to create a buzz. There is no real disclaimer to be held accountable for, but it sure does stir the pot of curiosity and keep the Equinox in the public eye. BBS has been around 17 years or so and FBS 5 years or so and we still aren't sure how they work or process information so how in the world could we hope to guess multi- IQ ? What I do know is out of all the choices of detectors out there, Minelab is consistently the best. So I'm sure the Equinox will fill a notch somewhere. JMHO

Carolina - It's even longer than that. . . . . . . .

BBS - Sovereign series - 1991 (introduced 27 years ago)
FBS - Explorer series - 1999 (introduced 19 years ago )
FBS2 - CTX 3030 - 2012 (introduced 6 years ago)
Multi-IQ - Equinox - 2017

Twenty Seven years we've been using various Minelab 'multi-frequency' detectors and the public still doesn't know the details of BBS, FBS or FBS2. There are some really good theories out there but Minelab has been very good about keeping their 'secret' a secret.

As for the smaller capacity Equinox power supply, it will be a change going from a forever lasting RNB in an Etrac to a battery lasting an estimated 10 hours in the Equinox. The trade off is the weight difference. The Equinox is much lighter, which is welcomed.

Rich (Utah)

Ksdirt said:
I believe that target ID at depth is a game changer in itself ..I no that if in doubt dig it..but how many have you dug that were junk then get about the same signal later then don't dig it because of one thing or another....numbers are just to jumpy
or what ever...if ID is more solid (especially at depth) even if its 2 numbers variation instead of all over the place I'll feel better about digging it because it's probly going to be good...that's after you get the EQ figured out...which we all may have a little bit of a learning curve but worth it ...that's half the fun of this hobby..(.WOW have to remember that number) or (have to see if the next bottle cap is that number) hopefully a quarter has a diff. number...can't wait to get mine...

Yeah, I was digging those targets yesterday and thinking the same thought. It has been pretty well surmised that the FBS audio and VDI are on separate circuits which is why so many of us say "if it SOUNDS good, dig it". Its not fool proof but definitely holds good water. I dug a lot of targets that had solid responses but the VDI was terrible. Jumping numbers and nothing solid on the target trace. A Lot of those had a small iron response in the bottom right with it. Those 2 things together often mean "iron false". Some times they were. Some times they were REALLY deep and I gave up digging because the target had to be enormous (probable Iron). Some times they were rusty nails or screws. But some times they were a coin and iron together and other times they were deep on-edge silver dimes.

The FBS is definitely better at giving that "more solid" response. If the EQ does it again a step better than thats going to make a huge difference in many sites.

Little off the track but....I called minelab today to ask a question on the etrac. ...told her I had ordered the EQ and if she had any info she could give me on maybe a manual coming out ...only comment was no info at this time but I can tell you ...you won't be sorry...:thumbup: