Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

equinox weird

basstrackerman

yesterday something weird happened... i was detecting a school yard. settings park 2, 22 sens, iron bias 0 speed 4 and nothing was locking on..dimes were 26-34, copper pennies 18-38 everything else was same way..so on a target i thought was a dime based on previous finds, i switched over to field 1 and bingo, solid 26 all the way around. in park 2 it was as low as 24 and as high as 34. now solid 26 so i went through the modes and all were solid on id..back to park 2 and now its solid 26.. i was like wtf? so i detected another 30-40 min and it was fine. numbers were solid and maybe 1-2 numbers up and down.. was kind of like a bug in it like how the pinpoint acts funny once in a while..

Where was the coil when you turned on the Equinox?
Could have got a bad initialization.

Do a factory reset. Always ground balance...ML says you don't have to...I call BS. Also, try running in tracking. It's been working well for me.

Dean

I did a factory reset before I started so I could change my profile. This is the first time I've noticed this so as far as ground balance I have used tracking/manual and pumping and left at 0. 0 seemed to work as good or better most of time. Tracking worked also but since this was first time it behaved this way it was weird.

Weird is the correct word. Mine too. Check my comments in the multi vs single freq thread. Just posted another video yesterday.
This all started whem I finally got fed up with digging foil at the beach and realized I was not getting deep targets. Did a hard reset and coin depths in air went from 8” to 11”.
It was unusable due to noise in 22-25 range and afterwards I can go to 25. The videos I took are at 25. In my park testing multi gets “1” targets all over that dont show in single freq. pinpoint was totally different before and after trying the single freqs. So many weird unpredictable things going on in a short video. I hope to take more videos so minelab sees these things.I think I’m going back to my CTX for hunting beaches and will learn more strange things about the EQ at my local park. Would love to compare against another one.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrtkrr9iVIE[/video]