Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ergonomics Etrac vs Explorer vs Safari

I am considering all of these detectors for purchase. I see the weights as follows , all with 11" DD coils.
Etrac: 3.5 pounds ex the battery.
Explorer SE Pro: 3.7 pounds ex the battery.
Safari: 3.6 pounds ex the battery.

For those of you who have swung these , can you comment on the weight and balance?
Which one would be the least fatiguing on an 8 hour hunt. Please tell me it's the Etrac.

Edit, the weights are from Minelabs homepage. I do not know if the 11" DD is included in the weight.

I had a Safari when they first came out - yes, the E-Trac is much easier to swing on longer hunts.

"I was told" that the reason you can swing an E-Trac with less fatigue over longer periods - is that angle of the handle was changed by 15 degrees from those on the Explorer's and Safari's.
You would have to put a few of these machines side by side to tell for sure.

Good Luck !

I don't worry about which is better weights! I used Safari and its very good until I got E-Trac and its better than Safari for reading id targets! You dig more on Safari than E-Trac. Both is good for deep old coins but E-Trac is better for avoid pull tabs, rust irons, etc.