Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac Battery Life

Diggin Metal

I got a 1600 it only last for 3-5 hours depending if I turn the light on is this normal and does anybody use the AA battery pack with rechargeable batteries? that's what I use in my other detectors my f75 can go for days on 4 AA with the light on, and the AT gets about 20-30 hours what's up with my battery. And 18 hours to charge in the manual I never heard of any battery that takes 18 hours to charge.

if you have only used the battery a few times it is not up to full capacity yet. It takes about five or so full charge/discharge cycles to get peak performance from a new pack

FWIW:
I loaded up my regular packs with 2900 mAH batteries I got off the internet at an average cost of less than $2 ea.; then used a 15 volt charger from a Skil cordless screw driver to charge them.
This brought them up to full charge in about an hour and half.
Yeah, I had to rig up the connection,but it wasn't rocket science; just common sense and a voltmeter.
Anyway,they last a very long time.