Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac Constantly Ground Tracking Question

5900_XL-1

Will the Etrac balance out a deep, weak signal if you spend 30-60 seconds, working for the best signal? If so, how do y'all deal with that?

I never find that a target gets really any better the more you hit it. Actually the more I listen to the questionable signals the more I hear iron, I generally either try at 90 or go directly to quick mask, to look for any change if there is some.

I know that on my Explorer if I got a signal on the edge of detection it would disappear if I keep swinging over it. I would swing the coil over to the side a couple of seconds. The signal would return after that. I don't know if the E-Trac does the same thing. But, I would suspect it does.

-Bill

I agree with whats been said about the signal not getting better. Last year I decided to just dig a ton of iffy signals and was glad I did. Found two silver rings, silver bracelet, two mercury dimes and two gold class rings all in the same open field at a large park. Yes I did dig well over 100 pulltabs but now they are gone and I can concentrate on the deeper signals.

Yep,move the coil OFF the suspected target for a few seconds and re-sweep.