Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

eTRAC finds arrowhead!

ironsight

Was out a few days ago at one of my favorite pounded parks and finally got around to get pics of a couple finds that day.

Chased a real iffy nickel ID, dug and turned up another @$#%^ pull tab. While filling the hole noticed a what looked like some kind of strange pointed rock. Turned out to be an arrow head. Its about 1-3/4 inches long. Interestlingly, about 50 yards away while digging up old coins in the past i also uncovered a lot of knapped flint pieces in a small area about 3 X 3 yards only.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/arrowhead_zps9gdfucjl.jpg

Also dug up this 1887 Indian that day. The only two finds that day, yeah that park has been pounded alright!

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o273/moparado/1887Indian_zpscolzq0su.jpg

One time I was detecting on the grounds of a high school in Salt Lake City, when I got a signal. In digging it, I also found a perfect arrowhead. The only thing I could figure was that, pre-European settler time, some Indian shot or lost it there.

What a cool combination of finds! Congrats.

Bout time you post some finds Ken....lol
Nice Indian!!

DaveNV said:
One time I was detecting on the grounds of a high school in Salt Lake City, when I got a signal. In digging it, I also found a perfect arrowhead. The only thing I could figure was that, pre-European settler time, some Indian shot or lost it there.
Yeah one of those rare chance finds! The only time digging up a pull tab has paid off for me. :lol:

duggr said:
Bout time you post some finds Ken....lol
Nice Indian!!

Haven't been able to get out detecting much this year.
In the process of restoring my old Jeep Cherokee among other projects and issues have been leaving little to no detecting time.
Detecting for me this year is gonna be a low priority, maybe things will loosen up later this Summer.

never have found an arrowhead.... Nice one!

oneguy said:
never have found an arrowhead.... Nice one!

This is the 1st arrowhead i ever found with or without a detector even though Indians were known to heavily inhabit my immediate area.
A couple of my neighbors have found them on their property so i'm always on the lookout for them on some of the sand hills on my property and nothing.

Some people have the knack of spotting them just laying on the ground. Don't know how they do it.

Congrat's on the arrowhead.

The best non metal thing I've found while digging a coin is a Marble, lol. I've MDed alot of farm fields and I've never found a arrowhead either.

Nice indian there ken! And that arrowhead is a definite bonus as well...Reminds me of a time I dug a deep
copper about six inches in the ground and about three inches above it I pull out a Golf Ball...Go figure..You just
never know...Lol:thumbup: