Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETRAC in high trash

Sonora70

This weekend I spent some time with my Etrac around a very old log/wood house that has fallen in. Sheets of metal lying around and very tough location because of the vegitation growth. The machine was constantly "blanking out". I have to believe there is something good to be found but no luck. The well house is within 15 yds of the old house as well, again, completely over grown with vegitation. My Etrac tones almost everytime I bump a stem. I dug a few hits but all were nails and other pieces of iron that came up as good signals both in sound and numbers. I'm new to the Etrac, I'm sure any other machine would be going crazy as well. In high trash areas such as this, is it common to get signals all over the place? Any advice on detecting an area like this is much appreciated!

Sounds like most of the areas I hunt -
Run in 2TF use a small coil ( 7" max. ) and you'll be able to find the good targets in heavy iron and get around in overgrown areas much easier !

youre new and put yourself in the toughest spot possible, do what you can now, and come back in a year or two also. a lot of times at a site like that I will literally try to clean up an area, stacking up branches and stuff. sometimes its worth it. go slowwwww...... and yes its normal to have TONS of signals at a site like that. go super slow, go in different directons. guaranteed coins between the house and the well.

put it in TTF, read my article at top of this forum on instructions, go slow s possible and dig all repeatable high tones, I bet you will find some goodies

I put the TTF program in the Etrac this evening....a good experience in just learning a bit more about the Etrac. I've been running the coin mode that came preprogrammed. Eager to head back to the old house to try it out. Thursday before eating a little turkey is the plan....I'll report back. Thanks for the tips!

Good luck. I just started using TTF the last couple weeks. I read G4E article several times and then YouTube TTF. I watched the videos to get an idea of what to look for. 3 trips in a row so far and I have been very pleased with the results.