Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac LCD Screen

eek

I have just gotten a new Etrac from Richard (thanks Richard) and have a question about the screen....I would like to know if I am the only person who has a problem
seeing the screen clearly???? It seems that I have to get directly in front of the screen to get a clear view...and it is a lot worse with the cover on it...so I took
it off...I sent Minelab an email making a suggestion that maybe they could put a swivel (pivot) on the screen that would allow it to rotate 5 or so degrees left and
right so that the screen would be easier to see.Has anyone got a better solution...I would like to keep the cover on, but just to hard to see.

eek

I did post this on the CTX forum by mistake, so I guess that I screwed up there and did not know how to remove it so just left it, I figured that most people would realize
the mistake and let it go.....IT IS WHAT IT IS....

eek

The e--trac screen's visibility is a fair criticism.
Try playing with contrast settings in good strong sunlight--it usually results in a visually acceptable setting.

lots of criticism about that. youre not the first one beleive me. like sprchng says try adjusting the contrast.

Go by a window tinting place and get some scraps. You will find one that you like. Experiment with the light on and off. HH :minelab:

Thanks, I will give it a try...i have a tinter as a customer so don't think getting scraps will be to hard....I have thrown the cover into the trunk and left it there as I can't see the screen well enough to please me....I guess that I will have to get over
the display face getting dirty...

eek