Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac made in Ireland.

dfg4240

Ran across one and looked it up but they have not been made in Ireland since 2009?
Anybody have one of these.
is the software and programs the same as the modern ones.
10 yrs means the board could be drying out etc etc.
Some say they are a little bit better than the new ones.
any input on this would be appreciated.10 yrs on an Etrac is pushing it is it not?
They want a mid range price for it but it really looks good
thanks

Hey Dfg, They have the same software as the newer ones, I have 2 Ireland made Etracs. They still work as they did from day 1. And if you decide not to buy it Please pass the info on to me and I’ll take it in a heart beat. Thanks, Don :thumbup:

Any time you buy used the unexpected can occur. Depends on care taken of the detector. The long range history of that particular run of products.. Like you say ,some say their better, some say absolutely no difference. I owned both runs and saw no difference at all.

Was it heavily used ? Lightly used ? ... was it ever used for beach hunting in the salt surf ?? Has it ever been serviced for prior issues ?? It could last forever...or go out tomorrow.. If I were looking to buy..YES I would buy it if priced right... Price being the key of my decision.

Only you can decide what your willing to risk buying used and willing to pay for repairs if it breaks.

Yes I know you are right Elton.
Thanks-I will have to decide for myself.

I had one it was barely used when I bought it in 2016 near mint condition put it up for sale sold instantly! There seems to be a demand for clean ones

I bought my E-Trac almost 10 years ago - when they were still produced in Ireland - used it for thousands of hours - many thousands of great finds !
Only problem I ever had was the headphone jack not working properly after I owned it for approx. 7 years.
From what I've read over the years, the quality never went down after they started producing them in Malaysia.

Good Hunting !

Ive had both and found them to be the same in quality and performance. I think the made in ireland claim is just a hype to create higher value.

Stillhave not bought one but thinking all the time about it.
There are some great deals out there but I just can't pull the trigger on it.
It is winter here in ny state but I could still practice all the settings indoors.
Another thing is they have been made for quite awhile.

u2robert said:
How can you tell where the unit was made?

The Irish Made Etrac can also detect PUBS. :biggrin:

Rich -

Best feature on it. :thumbup: A nice cold Irish Red always tastes Great after a day of detecting. HH, Don :cheers:

I sent my serial # to the email service dept. in Austraila and they emailed me back and told me mine was made in Ireland. Sent it to Minelab U.S.A and they couldn't tell me anything