Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac on beach

don't have an official review or link to one right now Zambit....but one of the reasons i bought an Etrac is because it is supposedly very stable and deep seeking on the beach....salt and fresh water
i live East Coast so i will be using her alot this summer in salt water areas

I use mine all the time one of the best machines imho I live a minute from beachs in my town
And I dig coins over a foot down in loose wet salty sand.
I live in eastern ct

You wont regret your buying one

You dont need a review . Its about the best on the beach provided you dont want to go under water . I know there are those that like the Sovereign and Explorer but the ET has the best target info of any machine under the price of a CTX .

.I'm In Old Lyme..

Nuke em said:
You dont need a review . Its about the best on the beach provided you dont want to go under water . I know there are those that like the Sovereign and Explorer but the ET has the best target info of any machine under the price of a CTX .

Ah, no it doesn't. The Explorer SE Pro with the factory SE Pro coil is 'the' best machine on salt water beaches, best on depth, best on tiny jewelry, best on gold target info. The ET can be programmed to come close to the Explorer SE Pro, but first you have to find a difficult (deep or tiny) target with an Explorer SE Pro so that the ET has a sample target to tweak its settings on. Its entirely possible to setup an ET all wrong. This is based on actual examples on a salt water beach in a head to head Explorer SE Pro vs ET match up on the same targets. Not trying to start a fight here, just passing on field information, feel free to disagree and make your own decisions.

But since the Explorer SE Pro is no longer manufactured, ET is the only game in town.

I've come behind CTX's and Explorers and Safari's and dug silver right behind them with my Etrac .Same with Garrets and White's..etc. I can't really find anything I don't like about my Etrac. People try to discredit the Etrac by using other machines and pointing out the etrac's weakness' but I really think it's just trying to prove a point. If you know your machine, no matter what you swing, you don't miss much...no matter what it is. I enjoy the hobby...why does it have to be a contest all the time? I have used a lot of machines and the Etrac is far and away the best I ever used.

Surfinsafari said:
I've come behind CTX's and Explorers and Safari's and dug silver right behind them with my Etrac .Same with Garrets and White's..etc. I can't really find anything I don't like about my Etrac. People try to discredit the Etrac by using other machines and pointing out the etrac's weakness' but I really think it's just trying to prove a point. If you know your machine, no matter what you swing, you don't miss much...no matter what it is. I enjoy the hobby...why does it have to be a contest all the time? I have used a lot of machines and the Etrac is far and away the best I ever used.
I agree

Surfinsafari said:

Agree wholeheartedly.

0fea587e-21c7-4279-a6dc-598e32c1d963.jpg
mexico12Real61914.jpg
023.jpg
17913FRT.jpg
1832BckCap.jpg

I ordered my E -Trac on May 2013. It has about 125 hours on it. I also ordered a 8 x 6 SEF Butterfly Search Coil and a Sun-Ray Stealth X-5 coil, Still New in[/u] Box today back in 2013 to arrive when I got back home. These coils were on back ordered a lot.I mainly Detect the beach 8-12 hours per day. I stopped on the way home to search another beach that I have been in the area for 20 years. I parked my truck and walked 2 1/2 miles before I turned on my Minelab Excalibur with an 8 inch coil. The 2nd day I walked 3 1/2 miles from my truck Coins and Button from the 1800's were all over the place. You can see some on my Beach Finds under the Beach Forum starting in 2013 under the Title ( The Beaches are Hot )
I thought to my self you just ordered an E Trac and spent over $ 1200.00, what where you thinking

I believe the button are on the right side of the pictures and Coins on the left. goldnugget

I have had all the Explorer's and the ET several times each over the last 14 years , they are the only type i stay with all the time .
The Explorer is a slower machine than the ET and the ET has more settings .
The Explorer has 32 for sensitivity and the ET 30 !! the Explorer is higher toned than the ET which i like but if you use Gray Ghost headphones then you dont lose anything .
Other than above the Explorer and the ET are about the same and settings do matter , the factory programs are for learners and i chucked my L plates long ago .
I dont use my ET , its a nearly new one as i tend in the past to replace machines before the warranty ran out but not any more . Its in its box till i need to use it one day .
I use my Explorer 11 and have a mint unused Explorer XS in reserve .
I mainly do beaches , my ET over the last 8 years has had around 25 Gold and over £**** in coinage , the Explorer's i have had since 2006 has had around 20 Gold and only £**** or abouts .
BUT the machine i am very impressed with is my Terra 705 which has had since Jan 2011 £**** and 14 Gold rings , other machines have had a few Gold and some coinage .
In my opinion even though i use my Explorer 11 , i do find that the ET is better but if set up wrong they are all no better than a Tandy machine . I would give figures for coinage but the the Tax man might want me to clear the National debt . And even if they read this am i lying ? or am i truthful ?
One thing is for sure its getting harder , parking charges , cashless payment methods and people spending less or just going off the beaches and the crap weather here is taking its toll on my finds rate . I will have to think about other beaches or go back to land one day and that will need a new machine . The ET and the Explorer even if they are good are a bit slow on land and especially on Iron .

Explorer 2 with which coil on the beach? Hunting in iron a whole other discussion that would probably take 3 pages.

Here's my Explorer SE Pro gold from my last fall/winter/spring season hunting beaches, minus a few more pieces I found after I took this picture and a couple platinum rings.

gold1.jpg

One of 40 plus 8 reales dug from a single hole on a beach already pounded by an ET, or may have been a CTX I don't remember, found with an Explorer SE Pro. The first 3 were almost undetectable, we dug a pit about 2 foot deep so I could stick my coil down there, 4 hours later, exhausted, the hole was over 4 foot across, I don't know how deep, we had dug channels to drain the water out of the hole but the incoming tide and fatigue did us in. The guys standing around watching us we heard found 2 more after we left.

1751.jpg

Two 8 reales in a clump of iron and shells from the same hole

8reale.jpg

Another one...

1776b.jpg

1776f.jpg

We used to have a guy that came to our metal detector club meetings with all kinds of unbelievable finds to enter into the find of the month categories. No one ever believed his stories. No one is that lucky. You showed that pic in a thread from 2015 yet you claim this was as recent as last fall? http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,2238992 And here they are again from a thread in 2014http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,2068880 And here are the same pictures on another thread at a different site from 2013http://www.tractorbynet.com/member-of-the-month/member-of-the-month-deathtoblackberries/. And you claim you live in Washington state.

All this talk of one guy missing it and the following one finding it .......a bit of cods wallop in reality, don't you think?

Such incidents are as much about chance, as it is about actualities.

I'll quote you a real life story.

Club detecting in park. No toilets .....Clump of bushes designated for the boys to hang-out.

Time passes....bushes growing taller by the hour..well watered..several visitors.

New club member asks "Where's the toilets mate?"...."Over there" says I.

New member returns.."Thanks for that", waving gold ring...

"How could the others have missed that one?", he asked, smiling.....

The only logical answer was....."Changing ground conditions, mate"

...Erosion,,,, or his E-Trac?

Your guess is as good as any......matt