Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETrac Pattern Critique

The following is a pattern I'm going to give a try (I hope I havnt plagerized anyone). It's a coin & jewelry pattern (from limited experience and research) and I'm looking for any suggestions on how to improve this starting point. I plan on tweaking it on the fly but looking for any blantant mistakes or whatever. Your comments welcome.

ETracPatternsCustom1.jpg

Looks like it will pick up all iron!

Looks like you'd be missing out on some older nickels - Con 11 through 15 range.

I am assuming the X'd areas are the areas that are allowed, right? :)

Looks pretty limiting to me, but you would sure pass over a lot of trash (and maybe some good stuff!)

Interesting.

Oh, this is my first post. Hello everyone!

I got one that is pretty similar, but I have everything below 16 scrimmed out. Sort of like the beach theory, of passing over coin signals to spend more time focusing on jewelry.

The "X" areas are the ACCEPTED areas. Thanks for your input so far. I know running discrimination I'll be missing some things, but this is for when I just want to hunt a local park for coins and jewerly. I usually run a much wider screen when I'm hunting but this is for just picking coins and jewerly in a local park...........

Well I just entered your pattern with the exception of scriming out anything 16 or higher on the fe. I'm going to try it out this afternoon at Martha lake north of Seattle an see what happens. I will post the results later

Ok the park I tried must have been pounded into oblivion. 2 hours of searching and i got 3 zinc lincs 2 pull rings a piece of aluminum car trim and an entire squashed can. I need to find a different park

Hey Black.

I found a man's solid gold wedding ring a month or so back (see the pictures on one of my posts) and it rang right at 10-10 at about 3 inches. The junk ring I found a couple of day's ago came in at 12-30. Otherwise things look pretty good.

NebTrac

I have opened up the pattern a little bit from the suggestions of others. FordGalaxy let us know how you make out. I'm going to load this and give it a try hopefully this Sunday. I have been using a pattern from Andy Sabisch's book bottom of page 113. It's a lot more restrictive than my pattern above and I've had good success with it but so far only clad (53 coins my last time out). I figured I'd open it up more to also accept areas where jewerly falls into.
Ford Galaxy-if you have Andy Sabisch's book you may want to look at page 78 and 79. Opening up your scrim down to at least the area of 24-27 (FE) will help you NOT pass DEEP (old) coins which can read as low as 27, the "floor" as they call it. Just a thought.

Yep have Andys book. Finally found a place where I can experiment with some settings.
Found a sport field at a closed school. that produced 2 quarters 4 nickles 1 dime and one copper penny in an hour- hour and a half.
I know the school has been closed for a least 10 years. I have no idea when it was opened.

I was running the stock coins program and checking against the modified one above. all of the signals hit on both patterns. Next I'll be running with everything below 10 on the cu scale scrimed out to cut down on the can slaw and whacked caps. I am also going drop the lower edge of accepted FE to 24 in the copper silver end of the CU scale, and push the sensitivity and see if I can pull some coins older than the 70's.

I know I may miss a small ring or some other small piece of jewelry,this is more about testing settings and patterns and learning my E-trac.
I'll be posting results.