Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac program download test

mham2

see if you can load this program. this is a test I tried it and could not open it either.they must have to do something different on the web site ??? this may be something that the guv. has to look at.

and view it through the E-trac pattern viewer on the PC.

I haven't downloaded to the E-trac itself , but if I did, I am sure it would work.........

David E Di

You can view the *.ptrn on your pc but a *.ptrn cannot be edit on a pc so as to be reused on the E-trac-----:ranting:
Any editing of a *.ptrn is done on the E-trac and then uploaded to a nominated directory or downloaded to the E-trac.
ANY *.ptrn can then be stored around the place( including on this forum) or emailed to anyone who want's it, but one needs the software at the other end to allow it to be looked at on thier pc or download to there E-trac for use or to edit them.

David E Di

n/t

ususally, most PC's(not sure about MAC or OTHER) with an ms windows XP or ms windows will seek the autostart info you put a cd into thier cd/dvd disk drives will automaticlly startup BUT if yours doesn't, then simply browse the disk info or use the run command or access the disk via mycomputer

click on that 10mgb setup.exe file and follow through.

The setup needs you to prompt it on and it will set it self up on your pc.

Hopefully , you'll end up with an ikon on your pc desktop that looks like the little ikon I have placed here....

If in doesn't, then I'm not sure what needs to be done.....:shrug:

I have all that on the computer installed, but when I attempt to open the downloaded files, windows says it does not recognize this file type. I even used " open with: ETrac software":shrug:

you need to first download the *.ptrn to a directory to your pc, activate the E-trac exchange program and use it to view the *.ptrn file.

Use anything else and it will probably come up as an invalid windows application.

I'm not aware of any other way to open a *.ptrn and read it other than to use E-trac Exchange.

Maybe someone else has found otherwise.

David E Di