Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac starts up on its own

kabarcoinin

My etrac is over 2 years old and recently has been starting up on its own ,day or night , and running the batteries down.Anybody else ever seen this type of malfunction?? Neeed some opinions. Thanks!! Kabarcoinin.

Can't help you with the problem (I imagine you're touchpad is wearing out)....but on the other hand you've got one AMBITIOUS machine!

NebTrac

On my Etrac I have notice that after I insert the battery pack into the slot some times start on its own too. that is the reason I remove the battery after each hunt or at lease unset it so it is not all the way in and luch in place.
I work on Elecgtronicas and I will said the microswitch or membran that turns on the machine is loose and makes contact on its on.
Time to call and send it in for service before the warranty expires! :sadwalk:
HH.

Call Minelab 888-949-6522 that way you can get a mailing label and get your machine fixed. Turn around time is not bad like it used to be. Then tell us what was wrong. HH :minelab:

hershey1 said:
Call Minelab 888-949-6522 that way you can get a mailing label and get your machine fixed. Turn around time is not bad like it used to be. Then tell us what was wrong. HH :minelab:

Great advice. I have seen one other machine do this. It will need to be fixed. Minelab has GREAT customer service! No worries!

If All Else Fails...Call Haunted Detector!:rofl:

Good Luck I Agree That It Has To Do With The Connection And Needs To Be Sent In For Service

Cant get anyone to pick up the phone at Minelab. Awhile back the same circumstances occured regarding being put on hold for long periods of time.My lower shaft went bad and needed to be replaced.After haggling with a tech, they agreed to send me a new shaft.After 2 weeks of waiting ,common sense told me to follow up on the order. Another phone call to Minelab produced a response that a shipping error had occured.No apology ,but the shaft shipped to me 4 days later ,UPS GROUND.I had to sign for it. It appears to me that bad habits have carried over from the move from Las Vegas to Downers Grove,ILL. Issues still exist regarding customer service and still have not been remedied. I hope that when ,if" I get in touch with a customer service tech maybe they can give me an acceptable repair and ship time. Whether or not this occurs will have a major bearing on my future purchases from Minelab. I thank all of you folks for your help in this matter and will keep you posted pending the outcome. Kabarcoinin

If you are out of warranty and handy then try taking the face plate off and cleaning the button pad under neath the button labels on the face plate with vinegar. That's an old appliance repair trick for push pad type button controls. Cleans the grime out from under there that is mucking up the button switches under the control pad. Also clean the bottom of the button pad that goes over the surface buttons and makes contact with them as grime could be causing trouble there too. Use at your own risk. Might be that the keypads on the Etrac don't like vinegar so don't complain to me if it makes things worse. I just know that keypads on appliances this at least was a handy man fix I heard on the radio. :biggrin:

My previous E-trac use to turn on once in a while when I put the battery pac in. I have a new one now that it hasn't happened yet,But it is new. Hope it isn't a problem down the road. If it is at least I have plenty of warrenty on this one as my old one only had a couple of months left it was one of the first runs from Ireland. I think the new one I have from Malaysia is a little hotter. Go figure?