Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac to Nox 800

I used my E-Trac non-stop for over 7 years - well over a thousand hunts and countless great finds.
But the weight started to make an old shoulder injury flare up every time I used it.
Tried using a sling for one season - what a hassle !

Keep in mind that there are a lot of older people in this hobby and weight can be a big issue.
Several years ago (before the NOX came out) I read that the Deus was out selling the heavier Minelab machines in Europe by a ratio of 15 to 1.
I've never used a NOX but it seems there are a lot of very happy user's worldwide that are very happy they bought one !

Good Hunting !
Yep I bought a Deus to after my Etrac I had the same problem bad tennis elbow then when the Nox came out I sold the Deus. Because for me the equinox was a better saltwater detector and I spend a lot of time in and around it..
Mark

I used my E-Trac non-stop for over 7 years - well over a thousand hunts and countless great finds.
But the weight started to make an old shoulder injury flare up every time I used it.
Tried using a sling for one season - what a hassle !

Keep in mind that there are a lot of older people in this hobby and weight can be a big issue.
Several years ago (before the NOX came out) I read that the Deus was out selling the heavier Minelab machines in Europe by a ratio of 15 to 1.
I've never used a NOX but it seems there are a lot of very happy user's worldwide that are very happy they bought one !

Good Hunting !
Exactly.......that should tell you something!.....I had to find an alternative to combat the weight and stuck with Minelab since they have been good to me. Once Equinox came out I was so relieved!.... haven’t regretted it!

Minelab has improved the shafts on the Equjinox in that the newer ones are "wobble free".-----It's still a noisy buggar though.

Minelab has improved the shafts on the Equjinox in that the newer ones are "wobble free".-----It's still a noisy buggar though.
Definitely due to being a more sensitive machine but,works good especially in the right hands and set-up!

ok...I have seen videos on the nox and I have come to realize that it doesn't id the coins as well as an etrac does.....it really seems to bounce around on coin id's but will throw in a correct id number ever so often.
My etrac does , a little, but does not bounce as bad as the nox....that was my biggest thing to get used to...It seems that you would dig more trash, more holes, and yes, that would even mean more coins dug up in the end. If you like to dig a lot. I just need to get it out into the wild for a hunt.

Here’s a video of a big silver I dug last week I knew it was a half.

ok...I have seen videos on the nox and I have come to realize that it doesn't id the coins as well as an etrac does.....it really seems to bounce around on coin id's but will throw in a correct id number ever so often.
My etrac does , a little, but does not bounce as bad as the nox....that was my biggest thing to get used to...It seems that you would dig more trash, more holes, and yes, that would even mean more coins dug up in the end. If you like to dig a lot. I just need to get it out into the wild for a hunt.
That's why I'm a sound hunter ID is always a gamble watch the numbers dance on this half but the sound was solid all the way around I knew right away it was a half I've found a lot with this machine...
Mark

Mark...
Your posts remind me of back to 1974 , when I first started metal detecting using a wilson/newman usika chief....every 2nd or 3rd coin was a half or silver coin.
Man...I am getting old.....that is 46 years of metal detecting now with this year that I have been at it.

School lunches were 35 cents then...that explains all the halves ...Our parents gave everyone a half to pay for them. A lot of kids lost their money playing before lunch time and had to charge their lunch !!!!

does any of the posts on this thread help diggin nc ? He hasn't replied to anything. Sorry...kind of stolen your thread and turned it around. I should probably start a new one ?

My new nox arrives tomorrow...I will be leaving my etrac at home for the first time in a decade.
Right now there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground with cold temps so that will give me time to EXPLORE the nox and it's settings.
HOPE everybody was right about the nox. We will be hitting the church camp that the etrac has had so much luck on...we shall see what happens when the weather breaks.

I'm sure it will take many hunts before you can form a real opinion on the nox's ability but you will notice the weight difference immediately and that should be a good start. I hope it performs the way you want it to.
In my opinion it was you that had the luck on getting the etrac's coil over good targets.
Keep us posted

With all the stuff you guys post and all the advise available on the forums...I think it will add a lot to my good target finds...

Thanks !

I'm sure it will take many hunts before you can form a real opinion on the nox's ability but you will notice the weight difference immediately and that should be a good start. I hope it performs the way you want it to.
In my opinion it was you that had the luck on getting the etrac's coil over good targets.
Keep us posted
LOL...yes, I got lucky with the etrac....Almost every time I use it, I just seem to be the lucky one ...a decade of using the same machine is more likely why.The nox isn't that difficult to setup as you all know , so now I probably will get lucky with it even if it is my first time out...thanks to MKUS help...it should produce...by the end of next week my weather breaks so then we will find out.
Give a guy a fishing pole and he might catch a fish, maybe, but teach him how to use it and he will feed his family for life.

At least using a lighter Nox, you still have an arm left to dig. Why use a rig to hold up a heavy detector? Pointless if you ask me. No fun when your arm aches and have to go home, unless you are so obsessed and irresponsible that you ignore the pain that's obviously telling you something.

I hope you don't trade your car in for a bicycle....It is lighter and doesn't cost as much and if you don't know how to ride it at least you can carry it around.