Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Etrac vs Nox-- a short hunt with the missus

jkline

My better half has been wanting to try detecting, so we went out yesterday for an hour. This would be her second time out. She swung the nox because of the weight. I was swinging a new 12x10 on the Etrac, beta testing a new program Elmy was kind enough to share. Another tester calls it the Magic Program; I've been calling it the Beep n Dig-- if it beeps, you better dig. I'm loving it: my trash collection is down 95% with it.

Some of you might remember I have been having some frustrating problems with the Nox-- silver in some situations is invisible to it, and not other machines, so I was looking forward to today's outing.

We go to a usual haunt, working towards a large open area, and Annette starts digging a plug. I wasn't really paying attention-- I was looking at some old pics of the area, trying to make a plan, when she says, "Oh, this is shiny! What did I find?" First plug and she pulls out a 1919 Merc.

After that we would compare readings before digging. She wasn't wearing headphones, so I could hear what was going on. The Nox was slow for her, she was getting bogged down with high tones-- I have to go slow with it too. I'd hear her pinpoint, then I'd go over it and say dig/don't dig, so she didn't have to chase iron. Gotta keep it fun.

Long story short-- the nox likes trash, but it found everything the etrac found except the token-- it rang up a 16, which I normally don't dig. The etrac, it rang up as a penny 12-37. The token says: "1910 Moscow Population 10,000". On the other hand, the nox found an 8" wheat penny that the etrac couldn't touch, on any setting. The nox was iffy, but there was a fair chance from the beeps it was a coin. Replaced the wheat with the Merc-- the etrac hit it fine, but the nox was still a so so signal. Easily missed if not paying attention, diggable if you were. The Rosie rang up 12 46/ 28; the half 12 48/ 32. I called a silver quarter-- let Annette cut the plug and what a surprise! Also found is what I think is watch key, plus clad and some wheats.

I think EarthlyP will agree with me when I say that with the nox, you have to go slow. If you aren't, you are missing goodies. I also want to give a shout-out to Elmy: I think he solved iron falsing on the Etrac.

A great 3 silver day... don't get many of these anymore.

Attachments

• 20211031_164732.jpg
    20211031_164732.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
Im so glad someone could show you how to find silver with the Nox lol.. use every machine to its strengths…nice hunt,nice finds…
I refrained myself from making that statement 😂🤣😆

I think I’ve been replaced by someone way prettier and cuddlier…… just me and my F75 now, heavy sigh. 😂😂😂

Come think about it thats about the third WLH he’s found up there, I have one from an old housing area now dormitory. Other than my Commemorative Half, the Shilling, and the Peace Dollar we have found some large silver that others missed. Still has to be more……..

Come think about it thats about the third WLH he’s found up there, I have one from an old housing area now dormitory. Other than my Commemorative Half, the Shilling, and the Peace Dollar we have found some large silver that others missed. Still has to be more……..
I’ll place your mind at ease 🤭Send coordinates and I’ll let you know 😂😂
I’ll even send a selfie holding the silver 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Very nice hunt you and wifey had. I come from an F 75 with my Nox 600 and while I have learned to slow way down with it, not sure if one can simply hunt slow enough with it. Ever so slow does seem to produce the goodies with it, though. Have a feeling when you with gets some good hunting time in, you are going to be in trouble keeping up with her. LOL HH Jim tn

Nice finds! Having the Nox and Etrac on the same ground is a deadly combo.