Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EtracJim, Friends AND The Legend of The Lost GOLD Anchor...:usan:

jimpugh

It was just like any other typical day.......raining... small gale winds working a forgotten beach on a deserted island.....
With the sun smiling down from behind a rain cloud... Shaun Calls Out ....Over the Wind.... BUTTTTIN....I stroll down the way over fallen great oaks 600 years old
picking my way scanning the debris along the way a few coins later I catch up with Shaun....he reaches into his poach and pulls out three or four colonial buttons some plain one tomback pewter...We talk about where I am finding the best coins and he talks about how rough the iron is in the pirate 1812 camp.....typical shop talk for two old detectorist friends......while taking a break sipping on our iced down Blue Gator AID drink of Coin and Relic Kings..... I mention a site and rumor...... of the lost Gold Anchor..... telling Shaun I may be able to secure permission for him to join me and Jammie next time we get to hunt the 6 acre site..... Seems Shaun was interested once I told him.... that through a reliable source ....I had heard ... The Gold Anchor... did exist....

Well on a cool morning Shaun, Jammie and Me arrive on site....we are excited to be Free and start finding coins... relics ....and whatzits....

Shaun first find of the day is a French Marine Butt...tin and the back
[attachment 108202 10-20-200894441PM.jpg]

This is the first French marine button from this site hopefully now there will be many more in time....

Next my signals on old familiar sound ........ yep just as I thought ....
[attachment 108203 10-20-200892325PM.jpg] [attachment 108215 10-20-200892721PM.jpg]

Shaun says Jim You are Colonies Francoise Magnet.......I just nod and say yep I can smell EM.....And I smell one with your name on IT.....Shaun was A little slow today as he had fell at work putting out a fire with his crew after three Am alarm.....But I know he as tough as the come and he never wimps out on me ...so I knew he was hurting...

not being satisfied we kept hard on the treasure trail..... And soon i would have some more in my bag.....I was sure i would get a Lock on it.....with a silver quarter
[attachment 108208 10-20-2008105900PM.jpg]

Well it was not long till Shuan came by and said Happy Birthday AnchorJim !
[attachment 108209 10-20-200895057PM.jpg]

Yes this was the Golden (14k) Anchor Found again after being lost for over a year. Jammie and I had scouted out the deep brush and I Had Lost MY Golden Anchor a present from my wife before we had children......Found again By an Honest Friend Indeed.....Shaun hunted some more and was ready to quit..... but I told him I would treat him a Big Mac Happy Meal..... Give his back a break.....go at again when we got back.....I could tell he was hurting!

well after being refreshed and going back at it fast and furious.... Jammie and I see Shaun racing at me with a Big Grin on his face..... I knew then he had joined 1721 Club ! His first And I am sure not his last ...but yes he has been long denied..... but through the pain he won ....Me and Jammie where there to enjoy his excitement and a VERY NICE COIN !
[attachment 108214 10-20-200893840PM.jpg]

Tune in Next Time ......for more...... Serious Detecting!:usan:
Happy Trails
E-trac JIm

I have always enjoyed reading the stories that you and the Mayor used to Post all the time of your detecting adventures! You should write a book of detecting stories! The stories of your water hunting expeditions years ago were awesome! They always made me want to get out detecting more myself...which I did :)

HH

Beachcomber

Congrats Jim on a great story, and a big salute to Shaun for his efforts and honesty.

He surely must be a 24 carat friend.

Warms the cockles of your heart.............MattR.UK.

n/t