Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II Headphone Change

Hello all went ahead and jumped on the Tony Eisenhower headphone change for my Excal 800 never really liked the factory Koss headphones studied on the detector pro amphibs for a while but have read many good thinks about Tony's headphones. Any input.
Thanks Phillip.

I have a set of Tony's phones on my Excal II and love them. I had him put a CTX plug on them and I added a CTX endcap to my Excal II. They are much louder and seal off outside noise better.

I have a set of Tony's phones on my Excal II and love them. I had him put a CTX plug on them and I added a CTX endcap to my Excal II. They are much louder and seal off outside noise better.
Can you explain how you did it? With pictures if possible.

I just had Tony Eisonhower Headphones made with the CTX 3030 theaded waterproof adapter, which have insttalled on mu Excalibur11 Detector Had a ctx 3030 waterproog plug insttalled on my excal so i can take the headphones off. My Equinox 900 and my Manticore all hsve Tony Eisonhower Headphones. Don Coco Tyler Merrimack NH

Attachments

• IMG_6735.JPG
    IMG_6735.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6736.JPG
    IMG_6736.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 14
Maybe one of my best ideas, and really it came from a guy in PA (Buggse?) who said, sure would be nice if I could use different head phones on my excalibur (2011). I started looking around and seen it was possible... bought a watch makers lathe.. and started making endcaps of all kinds.... several hundred went out to hunters around the world. I no longer do them.. but the Repair Center in PA does.. the Excalibur / CTX headphone endcap
20180117_160538f.jpg

user8522_pic64687_1425054778 (2).jpg

I think Don above got his Excal /CTX endcap from me many years ago.

20180214_092239.jpg
IMG_3637.jpg

Video shows how to pull the endcap.. and just reverse.. if you watch further it shows repair of the stock endcap... pulling and replacing stock type head phones.

Last edited:
Tony makes a good set of head phones. Very dependable, comfortable, good performance and fair priced.

Detector Center still has the endcaps listed on their website. That's where I got mine. Very easy change with no soldering. I'm running tony's headphones as well and love them.

https://www.detectorrepair.com/index.php/store?start=20

Sorry, didn't see OldBeechnut's link above.