Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur-Dream machine

muggsc

OBN just finished this for me and I just had to post it. Not only is he very knowledgeable and talented at doing mods he's also a very likable guy.
HH
Cal

Yep, I'm jealous. Patiently waiting on my warranty to run out and get in on OBN's next winter's run of mods.

I don't recall anyone saying if the toggle switch is a constant/positive PP-Disc or if it is spring loaded switch.....?

Cal, I had Joe do the SAME MOD's to One of MY EXCALS', and I picked it up from him (2) weeks ago!! Real FIRST CLASS W-O-R-K!! Now I NEED the Opportunity to TAKE IT for
It's MAIDEN Voyage!! Les Robinson.

make an appointment with Joe to do the same thing this coming winter. Let us know how you like it in the real world, good luck. John

:clapping::thumbup:

Looks real nice Cal, that was a great idea putting the CTX m12 female connector in endcap....Everyone wants that now...

And I Like those Headphones you made...!! :thumbup:

I bet you will be glad to get away from all this snow.............................Have a safe trip South....

Thanks again Joe. I'm loving this setup already but I'll give you some input as soon as I get out with it.
HH
Cal

Sigh... Lovely weather here. They say waiting builds character. I am ready to cast a Disney movie. :wiggle:
Excal is on extended vacation. I am stuck digging pennies and bobbie pins with the PI. Sigh...

I have an Excal 1000 this has been completely redone from Minelab, including a new Board, etc...loving this setup, what's the cost on having OBN do this Mod, Thanks, LFG

OldBeechnut has closed shop for now, so I'm not sure. Send him a PM and let him know what you're thinking about doing.
HH
Cal

OBN is the man.:thumbup: I still haven't had the time to do that mod on my Xcal (PP/Disc Switch). Joe, let me know when you open shop again so I can get on the list. That looks great.

I can second that- OBN is the MAN! I heard from Joe that my Excal is heading home in the morning and fit for glory. Wahoo! You deserve the best year of hunting ever! Karma points billionaire!
Tom soon to be sunburned

I bought all the equipment I didn't already have to do the modification and any future upgrades myself. It's very easy to do with PP/ GGA kit from Old Beeachnut. I know he's closed up shop, but if he has any kits for sale, that may be an option if you know how to solder. What a different hunting experience this mod makes!!! Thanks, Old Pirate!!:thumbup:

Fletch, I have the SAME EXACT set-up, except my BLUE 1000 NOW has a SEF 10"X12" Butterfly Coil!! I L-I-K-E IT!! Les Robinson.