Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EXchange Question

Paul (IL)

I am trying to find out if I can direct an uploaded MLF file into a particular location in the CTX, ie, old parks file.mlf into number 7 in the CTX. I am probably overlooking something very simple here but I would appreciate any help. :shrug:

Paul (IL) said:
I am trying to find out if I can direct an uploaded MLF file into a particular location in the CTX, ie, old parks file.mlf into number 7 in the CTX. I am probably overlooking something very simple here but I would appreciate any help. :shrug:

If I understand you correctly, you want to put "old parks file" in the CTX (I assume that is a mode), and you , also want it to be a specifc mode number (7 in your example). Initially, if you REMOVE the modes from the CTX (be sure and store them in a new collection or someplace safe), once removed replace your modes, one at a time, back into the CTX and in the order you want the modes numbered in the machine. It seems they add to the bottom of the stack, if there are no empty slots in the stack. OR if you have, say, 6 modes in the CTX, and you have mode 3 as COINS and want RELICS as mode 3, REMOVE coins (mode3) from the CTX. That will open the mode 3 slot in the stack of modes. Then in the XC2 app, grab RELICS and drop that into the CTX. That should place it into the empy mode3 slot in the stack. This would be more clear if I could video what I am trying to explain, but haven't tried a video. I'm sure you will have more questions, and I will try to help if possible....Let us know if this works for you.......

Thanks for the reply. I understand what your explaining, I just thought there might be a way to simply save the file in a particular location in the file structure. It's not a big item to me but was just wondering if it was possible or if I was overlooking something.

If there is a way to drag a program into a specific "slot" on the CTX 3030, I've not figured it out either. It appears to me that any program you "drag" into your CTX 3030 will reside in the first available slot. If you have the 5 factory modes intact, the first one you add will become Mode 6. And via XChange2, you can name it whatever you want. On the other hand, if you have already added Mode 6 & 7 via programming or the XChange2, the next one you drag into the detector will assume the position of Mode 8. If for some reason you want to have a particular program in a particular slot, I suppose you could hook the detector up to your PC via XChange2, copy all the program files so you have saved them in your XChange2 platform, unplug the detector, delete Modes 6 - 10 from the CTX 3030, reconnect the detector to XChange2, then install the Search programs (Modes 6-10, as you named them) into the CTX in the order you want them to appear. Honestly, if you have names assigned to the programs, it seems like a lot of work for simply getting them to appear in a different order. HH Randy

Mode 1 - Coins
Mode 2 - Beach
Mode 3 - Relic
Mode 4 - Silver
Mode 5 - High Trash
Mode 6
Mode 7
Mode 8
Mode 9
Mode 10

I agree about just finding the names is easier. But I had randomly loaded several modes into the CTX from XC2 app. As it turned out, I modified and renamed a couple of modes that I use the most. I knew if I loaded them they would fall at the bottom of the stack, and, if they happened to be modes 5-10. they would be off the initial mode screen and I would have to scroll down to find them. So I hooked up to the PC got into the XC2 app, and removed (into the trash can) the modes I didn't want any longer, modes 2 and 4. That left those two "slots" open, since removing a mode doesn't move the stack up, the first available "slots" from the top will be filled first, as Digger mentioned. Then I grabbed and dropped the renamed modes, and in the order I wanted them to appear, into the CTX. The first one filled the first available "slot" down, which was "slot" 2 and the other into "slot" 4. Now the modes I have been using the most are all on the first screen. It can be done, but it is up to the individual, if they want to take the time to do it, to most it may not be worth the effort, but I just wanted a certain group up on my first mode screen. Of course the best way, would be to load them in the order you want them in initially.....HH

That is the way I do it Steve, it only takes less than a minute once you get started. Once you have your programs made and named the way you want them, the rest is drag and drop to the can and then drag and drop to the CTX, unplug the cable and you are done. I love the XC2 for program design, sure beats the heck out of going through dozens of menus.

Thanks for the info it is much appriciated.

Any change in the way this works in exchange 2?
I also want to have the programs I use most often in the first 5 slots.

gabbyhayes said:
Any change in the way this works in exchange 2?
I also want to have the programs I use most often in the first 5 slots.

Me too, but I haven't found a way to set their order in the detector. It seems to put them where ever it wants.

They show up in the order that they are created and loaded. There may be other ways that are less of a PITA to do, but that one works.

I think the easiest way will be to create several folders within exchange with the desired orders.
Delete all the files in the CTX, and then drag over the folder with the various orders desired.
Not sure if there is a limit to the number of file folders that can be created within exchange.
It would sure be nice if exchange2 was available on Android...... I'd take my tablet with me to download the various modes depending what I'm hunting.
Little more compact than my laptop......and easier to conceal in my truck when I'm out hunting.
I guess I'll have to wait in line with that request behind the Mac users:)