Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Explorer 4!! NOT

I've seen a post recently about a Explorer 4!! Although I wish it was so I have heard different! What I am hearing is a expensive gold detector!! Just what I have heard..... :clsoedeyes: I hope I have heard wrong!!

Take Care, M.L. Hinds

This rumor / snow-bound dream got flushed out throughout the weekend and it looked like it was put to bed . . . . . . hope the thread and debate does not resurface again.

It might be interesting to start a thread entitled "MY DREAM DETECTOR" and see what people could come up with that might actually be picked up by some manufacturer . . . . . . . while they might not post on the forums, they all read the posts so you never know!

How about these to start:

- Color screen that shows an image of what's under the coil
- Weighs under 3 pounds
- 20 hours on a single battery pack
- Waterproof
- Selectable coils - DD and Concentric with a menu option
- 100% accurate target identification at depth
- Priced under $1,000 . . . . after all, you can get a fully loaded laptop for $500 and a 42" Plasma TV for not much more?

Hope the warmer weather gets here soon so we can all get out and start making finds to post on the forums

Andy

It is suppose to hit 40+ here tomorrow so I think I will go detecting and give my 12 x 15 SEF a run.I am thinking not much gain in depth over Pro coil but a lot more coverage for open areas.Time will tell I am sure,Ray.

I don't know how all these rumors get started, but if there ever is a machine that can detect coins in hard packed clay where there has been no rain for 6 weeks 20 inches deep. It better have an attached digger and a vacuum tube with a target filter to catch the target. Then a bypass tube that flows the dirt right back into the hole so all I have to do is tamp the hole and keep swinging.

BCOOP

Secret documents smuggled out from the depths of the Minelab R&D fortress located somewhere in the Australian outback . . . . . .

The new detector is 100% accurate in target ID, is unaffected by any ground conditions and can entertain the operator when there are no signals in the area . . . . . . .

Figured a good laugh might help us forget the lousy weather gripping most of the country

Andy

[SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN]

-

1. There was a rumor that there was a new model of the glasses coming........
2. The glasses would have a lot more depth.............
3. The glasses would be under a dollar.................
4. The glasses would be in color........

Hey, the glasses are starting to sound like this new detector....................:clapping:

How about a few obvious things:

1- Make it weather/splash/rain resistant. (this one isn't hard people) A rain cover that fogs up and obscures the view doesn't count.
2- There are better battery systems out there than lame and heavy AA alkaline batteries and related re-chargeables, A LOT better.
3- Make it sturdy but light. Detectors are used outside, not in a cleanroom.
4- Make it upgradeable online - should be able to update to latest software revision from home.
5 - Shape the EMF of the coil for a narrower and deeper detection area. To separate targets better.
6- FASTER processor -
7- NOOB instructions on the detector that walk user through the adjustments of each setting and how the detector is impacted by the adjustment. (Can be turned off)
8- Include a protective screen cover like is used on cell phones, dive watches/gauges, IPODS and the like.
9- send me one for free so that I can field test it and make sure it is up to snuff. :bouncy:

If you have not checked out the latest detector from XP called the Deus, it is pretty impressive . . . . . . no wires from the coil or to the headphones, upgradeable over the web, light weight, built like a tank . . . . . . . . be cool to have them get to the point they come over here . . . . . . . makes for interesting reading or shoudl I say dreaming with the lovely weather outside

The Deus

Andy

I actually wouldn't mind something that could hit a 20 inch depth. Not so much to get down that far in the ground per se, but to make up for the 10-12 inches lost in tall grass, stubble, and other obstructions on some sites, but still yield 8-10 under the real surface.

And since we have stuff like USB connections and high capacity solid state removable memory/compact flash, I think it would be neat to be able to record the signals for a given find as it's being swept/scanned, downloaded, and then played back. That way, when we talk about 'how deep silver sounds' (or other favorite signal), real examples can be captured right in the field and shared, or reviewed again later. Or if the raw signals could be recorded and played back later, then maybe you could also play them back through after changing settings to see what the effect is (while not spending time on it in the field). How did that dime sound vs the Indian Head again? Just play it back from the wave file you captured real time. Yeah, the vids are great too, but that audio and number response info is golden to learn from.

n/t

n/t

I am still waiting for decent depth improvements, this is something that never actually happens.:angry:

8 or nine inches on a coin , pretty much the same as a couple of decades back if you ask me.

OK we have better discrimination at depth with the explorers but most new detectors don't get no big improvements in depth.

I want 18 inches on a small coin then i will be happy.

Depth is going to be needed more and more as sites get worked out in the coming years.

Lots of places these days seem to be worked out to a high level to the point where only rubbish is left.

In 20 years time i guess the depths will still be 8 - 9 inches on a coin when in reality we need 18 inches.

As I understand from talking to a few dealers.If they do release a machine anything like the rumours mention it will be the top end machine and would probably only hurt sales on the present top end machines including those from other makers..I never cease to be amazed at all the speculations about a completely unsubstantiated rumour.But as several have posted,it makes for something to help pass the time while suffering from cabin fever,Ray.

I think this "news leak" was a little bit early......they usually show up around April 1st...........:rofl:

I really don't have a problem swinging the E-Trac until they come out with something "much" better! I mean I can wait!

As far as the ideal detector goes, I guess one that goes real deep, ID's the targets you want and sucks them out of the ground for you would do! Oh, a "coin cleaner" could be an accessory!