Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exquinox 800 Deep Silver

mascard1

Do you Guys or Girls....think that the Exquinox 800..has the Explorer Warble on 50 tones?...To me it sounds pretty good....to me deep Silver or Wheats jump out....I have been using 5 tones...but think I like the 50 tones WAY better on Silver!!!
The Warble is there..Then check out ID..If it stays around 16...18...Don't dig...If it Goes 16..24...26...30...I would dig.......If deep
I was about to sell it.....I don't think so now!

mascard1 said:
Do you Guys or Girls....think that the Exquinox 800..has the Explorer Warble on 50 tones?...To me it sounds pretty good....to me deep Silver or Wheats jump out....I have been using 5 tones...but think I like the 50 tones WAY better on Silver!!!
The Warble is there..Then check out ID..If it stays around 16...18...Don't dig...If it Goes 16..24...26...30...I would dig.......If deep

Yes, i have seen the same thing with my deepest cents/dimes. One way gives a mid 20s, other direction gives low 20s, or upper teens. But its consistent, same thing every pass. Nailed another silver dime with the same signal today; hunting a park I had given up on after years of E-Trac and CTX hunts.

Yep, it's close to the "warble". Certainly no mistaking the Nox's silver sound in 50 tones. I hit a Merc the other day at about 6" and knew before I dug it that it was a silver dime.

Dean

I also had this happen today. The #s was 25-27 one way and 19-23 the other. It was 6”deep in hard pack dirt. I just new it was silver but just a 75 clad. Still fun!

mascard1 said:
Deep silver or any copper! it always screams I'm amazed at the high tone on deep copper pennies! 15 -16 I find some buttons in that range..

Mkus said:
Deep silver or any copper! it always screams I'm amazed at the high tone on deep copper pennies! 15 -16 I find some buttons in that range..

I don't find to many buttons in our parks....But Thanks!!!!

There is a warble on the deep coins when I've been in Park 2 with 50 tones. It isn't the same twinkle as I experienced on my old Explorer XS. My Etrac has its own warble of sorts. Yet the Equinox is different than them both.

Yesterday I was working through a newer park and picked up a target near max depth. I was getting just a bit of a mid-20's hit running in Park 1 with 5 tones. Switching over to Park 2 with 50 tones and the target was much easier to distinguish and had a warble of sorts and the target ID jumped up like MKUS describes above; 25-30. It was a CU Lincoln at 8+. Almost the full depth of my Garrett Carrot.

Rich -

D&P-OR said:
What do you guys have your recovery speed set on?
I was using the stock settings in park 2 but with tracking on which makes a difference where I hunt.

Mascard1, today I did get a good coin sound at depth and the numbers were jumpy. I dug about six or seven inches then to one side and a little deeper.
The coin sound was a 1942 mercury dime. I knew it was a coin but with hearing aids maybe I can't hear the ping of the warble sound. But as you said the numbers were not exact, just bounced up the scale like you posted about.

Best to all,

Tony

D&P-OR said:

Del,

My recovery speed? I didn't time my recovery, but I am pretty quick and the ground was soft and damp making for easy plug cutting and target retrieval . I'd guess right about 1 minute and change from the time I started digging. :biggrin: But you have me thinking; HOW LONG DO I TAKE TO MAKE AN AVERAGE RECOVERY ?

As for the 800, my recovery setting in Park 1 is 6, Iron Bias is 3, 5-tones. Switching to Park 2, I currently have it on factory settings which would be recovery of 6 and iron bias of 3. For my general hunting, I still favor hunting in 50 tones probably due to hunting that way with my explorer xs and etrac for so many years.

Rich (Utah)

Rich (Utah) said:
Rich----You're fast!!-----I'm old & it takes me WAY more time than that just figuring out about getting back up AFTER target retrieval.:)--------Anyway, like you, I've got so many hours on the Explorers & Etracs that I prefer 50 tones on the E800.----I've been running an iron bias of 0---recovery 5 (sometimes 6)----g.b. 0---sensitivity anywhere from 23 down to a min. of 15 (depending on conditions).------I'm still learning the machine but those settings seem to be doing well in my ground---mainly using Park 1 & 2 and Field 1.----------Del

Del,

My recovery speed? I didn't time my recovery, but I am pretty quick and the ground was soft and damp making for easy plug cutting and target retrieval . I'd guess right about 1 minute and change from the time I started digging. :biggrin: But you have me thinking; HOW LONG DO I TAKE TO MAKE AN AVERAGE RECOVERY ?

As for the 800, my recovery setting in Park 1 is 6, Iron Bias is 3, 5-tones. Switching to Park 2, I currently have it on factory settings which would be recovery of 6 and iron bias of 3. For my general hunting, I still favor hunting in 50 tones probably due to hunting that way with my explorer xs and etrac for so many years.

Rich (Utah)

Rich (Utah) said:
My recovery speed? I didn't time my recovery, but I am pretty quick and the ground was soft and damp making for easy plug cutting and target retrieval. Rich (Utah)

LMAO a classic. Don't feel bad Rich my brain works the same way. Now recovery speed, to me the factory presets for Park 1 & 2 are tuned for heavier trash/iron. If you are not hunting heavier iron/trash sites back the recover speed down to 3 for more depth and improved TID stability. Also on small coins dimes/cents Park 2 is way deeper and way more stable on TID vs Park 1. Park 1 though should go deeper on large coins, quarters and larger.

so am i understanding this thread properly??
is the suggestion that PARK2 and 50 tones gives you better/deeper penetration and better identification??

sunraysux said:
so am i understanding this thread properly??
is the suggestion that PARK2 and 50 tones gives you better/deeper penetration and better identification??

Short answer, no. Everything is dependent on specifics though.

yup....went out last night after lots of rain in the past week so the ground was decent for signal penetration........went PARK2 and 50 tones....
WAYyyyyyyy to noisy/unstable for me!
don't know how you guys deal with all that crap...went back to PARK1 and 5 tones....SENS at 20-21
still a bit chatty but usable....
still only get about 6-7 MAX depth on this machine(grabbed 2 deeper Indians before it rained again)....and even those are the faintest of little chirps that you could easily ignore or miss if moving to quickly....
the NOX is strong in the top six inches and seeing through the junk to grab a few goodies(have been getting a good amount of $$$ and silver from what i thought were hunted out sites).... but not a good machine for depth at all
all machines have their strengths and drawbacks

If you are only seeing 6 - 7 inch targets, something else is going on. Either your local targets arent getting any deeper, you have SERIOUS mineralization problems, or you have a defective detector. Most people have no problem seeing 8 - 10 inches on coins sized targets. My EQX is every bit as good on deep silver as my CTX and many other report the same.