Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Exquinox 800 Deep Silver

I run mine park 2...50 tones....22 sens...and our ground in California sucks.......I just like the way Deep coins sound on 50 tones...is noisy...But so was my E-trac on 26 Sens.Just have to listen to is all....

sunraysux said:
yup....went out last night after lots of rain in the past week so the ground was decent for signal penetration........went PARK2 and 50 tones....
WAYyyyyyyy to noisy/unstable for me!
don't know how you guys deal with all that crap...went back to PARK1 and 5 tones....SENS at 20-21
still a bit chatty but usable....
still only get about 6-7 MAX depth on this machine(grabbed 2 deeper Indians before it rained again)....and even those are the faintest of little chirps that you could easily ignore or miss if moving to quickly....
the NOX is strong in the top six inches and seeing through the junk to grab a few goodies(have been getting a good amount of $$$ and silver from what i thought were hunted out sites).... but not a good machine for depth at all
all machines have their strengths and drawbacks

I really wonder how Minelab judges a machine when it gets sent in for repair. This machine in particular seems to “dial to 11” on its sensitivity while EMI and soil conditions will greatly impact its performance. With the CTX I had a 11” and 17” coil that worked but were inferior and were replaced under warranty with superior coils. With this detector I just can’t tell if mines like yours or not. It is seeming that there are two camps - those that love the machine and are finding more things and those that that aren’t and wonder how the others can find targets amongst all the bleeping noise. There is a lot of generalization when in reality this detector’s performance greatly depends on exterior forces. Deep silver in what? Dry dirt, wet salt sand, red Arizona dirt, my park’s white clay?

nope nope nope
have used it in 4-5 different states and many different ground types...
SAME performance every time...with all the wonderful factory presets that ML loaded...no alterations
the Etrac is significantly stronger //deeper....not even close; regularly hits things down a true 10 inches
but in order to get her that deep, the SENS must be in manual say 21-22 and then she gets erratic and too hot for the ground
all the youtube vids i watch....the NOX never hits anything deeper than 6-7....maybe 8 inches in optimal conditions

bklein said:
I really wonder how Minelab judges a machine when it gets sent in for repair. This machine in particular seems to “dial to 11” on its sensitivity while EMI and soil conditions will greatly impact its performance. With the CTX I had a 11” and 17” coil that worked but were inferior and were replaced under warranty with superior coils. With this detector I just can’t tell if mines like yours or not. It is seeming that there are two camps - those that love the machine and are finding more things and those that that aren’t and wonder how the others can find targets amongst all the bleeping noise. There is a lot of generalization when in reality this detector’s performance greatly depends on exterior forces. Deep silver in what? Dry dirt, wet salt sand, red Arizona dirt, my park’s white clay?
That's how I viewed the 800 when I first started using the machine felt like it was not going deep enough then I stayed on park 2 and tracking on and slowed my swing down and I started to see my finds improve vastly!

sunraysux said:
nope nope nope
have used it in 4-5 different states and many different ground types...
SAME performance every time...with all the wonderful factory presets that ML loaded...no alterations
the Etrac is significantly stronger //deeper....not even close; regularly hits things down a true 10 inches
but in order to get her that deep, the SENS must be in manual say 21-22 and then she gets erratic and too hot for the ground
all the youtube vids i watch....the NOX never hits anything deeper than 6-7....maybe 8 inches in optimal conditions

You used to have the exact same complaints about the E-TRAC when you first started with it. Then it started to click for you. The same will happen with the Nox. The Nox is just as deep as the E-TRAC and LOTS faster in the iron. I agree with MKUS...Park or Field 2.

Dean

i love the darn Etrac Dean....almost feel guilty like i am cheating on it now that i am using the NOX as much as i am
but between them i am at 88 silvers for the year thus far which is OK i suppose given the hear and brutal summer.
and i do like the NOX on balance....she is a bit jumpy but i DEF think the Etrac is a significantly deeper machine in the soils i encounter

sunraysux said:
i love the darn Etrac Dean....almost feel guilty like i am cheating on it now that i am using the NOX as much as i am
but between them i am at 88 silvers for the year thus far which is OK i suppose given the hear and brutal summer.
and i do like the NOX on balance....she is a bit jumpy but i DEF think the Etrac is a significantly deeper machine in the soils i encounter

I know what you mean about the cheating part, lol. You are doing awesome on the silver! Keep it up. Both are great machines and each shines in certain spots.

Dean