Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F-19 coils

D&P-OR

Would like to hear from someone that has used the NEL Sharpshooter coil on the F-19.-----How do you like the performance. etc. of the SS compared to the FT 7X11" stock coil?-----Any input I could get on this coil (Sharpshooter) being used on the F-19 would be much appreciated.

Del, I've had 3 sharpshooters over the years, 2 for F T detectors, and they all were very good coils. Nice depth and very good target separation. Never owned a F 19, however. HH jim tn

F-19, Gold Bug Pro and Teknetics G2+ are all same detectors. I have owned them all, but have never used a Sharpshooter coil. If you plan on buying one of the detectors I would recommend the F-19 or G2+. The Gold Bug has less options but costs a lot more. The Gold Bug is loud and has no volume control.

F-19, Gold Bug Pro and Teknetics G2+ are all same detectors. I have owned them all, but have never used a Sharpshooter coil. If you plan on buying one of the detectors I would recommend the F-19 or G2+. The Gold Bug has less options but costs a lot more. The Gold Bug is loud and has no volume control.
Thanks for your response.----I already own the F-19.

I own 3 Sharpshooter coils, the first was for the T2 which allowed me to detect quarters right next to a chain link fence. I later purchased one for an Omega 8000 because I was happy and impressed with the first. The third, I got for a new Patriot recently for a price I couldn't refuse and it has replaced the stock 7x11 on it too because the toe of the coil is so sharp. In my opinion, this causes better separation than adjustments to recovery speed. The coil for the Omega works on my F19 and Gold Bug and I have messed around testing the Sharpshooter on them and they work very well on them too but I think the stock 5x9 Fisher coil that came on my F19 is even better.

I use the 7x11 sometimes when the chance of having multiple targets close together are not as likely and EMI not as big a problem. As always, this is just one person's opinion.

I own 3 Sharpshooter coils, the first was for the T2 which allowed me to detect quarters right next to a chain link fence. I later purchased one for an Omega 8000 because I was happy and impressed with the first. The third, I got for a new Patriot recently for a price I couldn't refuse and it has replaced the stock 7x11 on it too because the toe of the coil is so sharp. In my opinion, this causes better separation than adjustments to recovery speed. The coil for the Omega works on my F19 and Gold Bug and I have messed around testing the Sharpshooter on them and they work very well on them too but I think the stock 5x9 Fisher coil that came on my F19 is even better.

I use the 7x11 sometimes when the chance of having multiple targets close together are not as likely and EMI not as big a problem. As always, this is just one person's opinion.
Thanks for your response picketwire---good info.

It's a great coil on my F5.

The nice thing about the f5 was you could turn down gain and adjust sensitivity to make your foot print smaller when next to fences or other other objects. Good hunter not the best very decent though.

Would like to hear from someone that has used the NEL Sharpshooter coil on the F-19.-----How do you like the performance. etc. of the SS compared to the FT 7X11" stock coil?-----Any input I could get on this coil (Sharpshooter) being used on the F-19 would be much appreciated.
Del, I might have a NEL Hunter coil that might fit the F19, I am attaching a picture of the coil connector

Attachments

• IMG_20231212_080825100_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231212_080825100_HDR.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 28
Do you still use the F19 once in a while? If so, how do you like it's performance?

Do you still use the F19 once in a while? If so, how do you like it's performance?
I'm currently using a G2+ and I recently got a original Goldbug which does not have the vco tone. I've seen where people think these are not deep machines but I can't tell any difference. I've dug some deep targets. They are light weight and easy to use. Only downside is battery life seems short. I've been using rechargables in mine. I post my finds on the G2/Goldbug link.