Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F 75..... upgrades from fisher

Glen in Maine

At the present time I have an original F 75 but I am looking to upgrade the machine to the Newest specs. Does anyone know how much Fisher charges ( approximately ) to do the upgrade and how has it worked since the upgrade. They charge $25 to check the machine out and let me know how much it costs for the full upgrade. Also I am wondering whether I should just buy a new machine and sell my old one or do the upgrade… Any help would be appreciated!

I would ask myself..What am I really going to gain by doing the up Grade..

It seems the latest release Original 75 with the newer electronics is the machine people are really liking.

Hi Elton... I think the upgrades will be less costly and I will have a machine thats fully upgraded and does a lot more

I don't believe the upgrades are available at this time.
They might bring them back one day but who knows or maybe they still do if you ask them nicely.
When they were available the lower price upgrade, about $159 or so, gave you DST I believe and a few other features and programs.
The full upgrade was a little over $300 and gave you all that plus boost and cache for the older ones that didn't already have them.
If they decide to offer this upgrade again it will be posted on their site under New and events and then upgrade...

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/upgrade.htm

Right now they are offering a new upgraded anniversary model with most of the new features and programs including DST but not boost or cache for $599.
Most dealers are selling it for $500 and the factory just sweetened the deal by adding a 15" coil and I think a battery charger for the Christmas buying season.

I have talk... to Fisher and they told me that an upgrade will be available from January through March of next year end it will be a full upgrade to the new specifications just thought I'd let you know

REVIER said:
Right now they are offering a new upgraded anniversary model with most of the new features and programs including DST but not boost or cache for $599.
Most dealers are selling it for $500 and the factory just sweetened the deal by adding a 15" coil and I think a battery charger for the Christmas buying season.

WOW - 500 clams for a brand new machine with new electronics??? That is a great deal! If I needed a new machine I'd jump on that one. Being on the coast of Florida with all the salty sand in the ground, I can't boost very often so the $500 machine would work out great for me... and saved me $700 clams...

rob.ream258 said:
REVIER said:

WOW - 500 clams for a brand new machine with new electronics??? That is a great deal! If I needed a new machine I'd jump on that one. Being on the coast of Florida with all the salty sand in the ground, I can't boost very often so the $500 machine would work out great for me... and saved me $700 clams...

Many still want all the bells and whistles and opt for the flagship units but according to Dave J. the cache feature is not one that he has heard of that has actually helped anyone find a cache and most owners have discoverd the regular DE standard speed is remarkably deep in both disc and all metal.

This anniversary edition unit and it's cousin, the T2 Classic at $499, are two of the best values on the market right now.
I would opt for the Fisher with DST if I was in the market and most of the newer processes, programs and features are already on board and ready to be utilized.

A Keith Southern 85th anniversary edition vid here...
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=7omVeK5Or_Q

Better yet, you can buy the F75 Gold now and get it upgraded for 300 clams to a LTD next spring. That is cheaper than buying a new in the box F75 LTD.

And they may still offer the extended warranty :shrug:

HH
Mike

I had the DST upgrade on my SE.. they also replaced the coil.. I can't any benefit for me.. Mine is still erratic.. there's many spots that I can't use the detector at all.. even in areas where it shouldn't be. I have to use my 1266X or one of my Garrett's or my modded Cibola.. Others are pleased with their upgrade.. a waste of $$ for mine....

My F75 with the latest upgrade is working great. Detected an old "written-off" site hunted to death by everything on the planet and found a bust half dollar at ground zero, it rang in loud and clear amidst a sea of iron and at an honest 10" deep I dug a beautiful silver grey disc that'd been waiting to come back to life for the past 160 years! Myself and several others had walked right over this bust half.....for me, the F75 was far more stable and a pleasure to detect with after the upgrade (that wasn't always the case prior to the upgrade). Myself, I feel it's completely worth the investment if you want to get the most out of your F75.

When the ground Freezes I will send my previously up graded F 75 (two years ago) for the $ 159.00 Upgrade

1) the trigger broke and needs replacement
2) I seem to scratch up the screen display

A good deal- they come back looking new

See Ya

I use cell phone screen protectors on my detectors to keep the screen from scratching. Works well.

jimmyk in Missouri

I have the newest standard f75 and its pretty awesome. I never used BP or cache modes on my LTD or LE models .. deep and smooth and fast.. i sold my last f75ltd2 because the tones were really sharp and gave me headaches even on low volume.. i had tried a couple different headphones.. well now im using jolly rogers and the tones sound so much better.. i have very sensitive hearing with loud noises and high tones. The killer b headphones sounded tinny and harsh... Well anyway great detector!