Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

f70 new upgrade????

foxhunter

dont hear much about the f70..thinking on getting one..wondering what is the latest version? And what has changed over the years on the f70..I had bought one used a few years ago and it really seemed noisy..same with old version f75...my f75 ltd and t2 ltd black verions seem to run a lot more stable...just curious if the newer f70's are more stable? thanks

I don't believe anything has changed on these since the day they came out.
Still plenty of us that love this thing around here, if you don't think you hear much about it do a search.
Not as many as the large amount of old and new F75 owners, but we are here and we are vocal.
Basically the same things going on with it as always.
Some set it to hunt noisy, do well and aren't bothered, others set it to be quiet and also do well.
I do both.
Some used it long enough to get to understand and love it, others use it for a short time, sell it quickly and bash it forever.

Since it is based on the same core engine as the F75 and T2 Fisher could probably offer a DST type upgrade on these if they wanted to like they have on both those other platforms.
Nobody here expects that will ever happen.

It is still one of those rare quirky products where there usually isn't much of a middle ground...you either really love it or really hate it.

Theres been a lot more discussion early this past year than ever before about this rig since REVIER got one! :clapping: Go back and read a bunch of those threads that are posted here if you really want to learn it...everything you will want to know about it, from the technology contained within, to the settings, coils, and uses....We all piled in from all points of the compass with advice and experiences with the 70..

You are right though, lately its been quiet here regarding the 70, on account of we are being polite, not hogging the site and letting our 75 brothers discuss their upgraded rigs...plus, theres 2 feet of snow on the ground! .The good thing like REVIER mentioned is theres a lot of posters here that use them in various settings and locations with great success...its a really comfortable/dependable tool, nothing has changed on it that I know of from its inception.....I'd get another if something bad ever happens to my main F70 wand..after 5yrs of nearly constant hard usage in all weathers and soils, nothing has effected it adversely....

Its not a cheap rig either, I think that 'barrier to entry' price point puts it above the avg Joe's comfort level for a first timer spend or impulse buy, and at the bottom end of the guys that have saved up a bit of money for top shelf +$1000 rigs...so there it is, all by itself it would keep a guy busy for a lifetime attempting to learn it completely.:thumbup:..
Mud.

Mud, you might be polite but ill' old motormouth me wouldn't be shutting up at all if I was still out there hunting.
Snow and single digit cold has stopped me dead in my tracks...for now.
Can't wait for the real spring thaw to come to my area, if this year's finds so far are any indication at all it is going to be a special one for me.

I have been watching vids and scouring the net for more info and tips, however, and I am sending all the new info I find to a couple of guys brand new with the F70 in order to get them over that initial learning curve quicker.

He is some good reading, info and tips from Mike Hillis.
Mostly about the F5 which is also similar to the F70 just like the F75, all pertinent info that I will use this year.

A copy of an E Mail containing this info.

-----------------------------------

Stuck inside and going crazy, so I am watching vids and searching for more info to stuff into my already overloaded head.

Been searching some of Mike Hillis's posts and threads for little nuggets of info and found some.
He is a guru with the F5, among others, but info about that seems to pertain to the F70 just as the F75 info does.

I learned that the sense,(gain), and threshold works about the same on the F5 and F70, and that there is a low gain setting and a high gain setting on the F70 and both have basic amplification levels which is why we can hunt with the sense at 1 and still find targets way more than just shallow.
Low gain is 1-29...high gain is 30-99.

Threshold info cleared up some stuff for me, I might play with that setting a bit more at some sites this year.

Also some F5 settings for jewelry hunting that should transfer over to ours.
Mike is VERY good at finding jewelry.

HH

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2076282,page=1

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,...24#msg-2129724

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1632081,page=1

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,...25#msg-1607825

Jewelry hunting

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,...80#msg-1546080

Coin Rescue Inc said:
I want one of those units TOO!

But the wife might say :ban:

My wife actually tells me to go out hunting...a lot!
I would like to think it is because she loves me and supports my hobby, but I am not an idiot.
It is all because of the very decent amount shiny silver and gold jewelry I bring home and let her pick through.
It seems like since I picked up the F70 I bring home something good on almost every hunt.
I don't really, but it feels that way.

REVIER said:
Coin Rescue Inc said:
I want one of those units TOO!

But the wife might say :ban:

My wife actually tells me to go out hunting...a lot!
I would like to think it is because she loves me and supports my hobby, but I am not an idiot.
It is all because of the very decent amount shiny silver and gold jewelry I bring home and let her pick through.
It seems like since I picked up the F70 I bring home something good on almost every hunt.
I don't really, but it feels that way.

I was petty much kidding on this but I will need to start selling some of the ones I do not use that much.
I just got a nice used one unit (not mentioning here what kind because I it is not a fisher) off Ebay for a good price and told the wife it was for her. Nice and light and should be easy for her to use.
She has tried my Ace 350 and it is a bit heavy for her and me after swinging the F75.
I would really like to get a used F 70 to back up my F 75 and allot of other things too. They all share the same coils and now I have 3 coils

You are lucky.
My wife tried swinging my F2 for 15.65 seconds, that was the start and the end to her career.

REVIER said:
You are lucky.
My wife tried swinging my F2 for 15.65 seconds, that was the start and the end to her career.

Our Last hunt in October together I ran the detector and my wife carried the shovel and did the digging :thumbup:

Same here! I thought my wife would really like this sport, since she likes jewelry and coin collecting and money and hunting (shopping) for things, she enjoys digging around in the dirt gardening and eyeballing beachglass and arrowheads and all that, in fact, she would really love to travel around and go rock hunting for gems in all the States when we retire, and she really likes to watch 'Prospectors, Gold Rush, and Bering Sea Gold'....:shrug:

..She has no problem at all taking my good finds when I get home though, and seems to tolerate me when I talk about it, She will even comment on locations she sees when we are in the car...I just dont get it at all! What a mystery! She likes to rake the yard and sweep the floor too, so its not a physical thing...Cant get her to swing a wand for nothing!
Mud

I have only owned one Fisher. F70. I love it. Just wondering what the differentences are from the f75.

tater said:
I have only owned one Fisher. F70. I love it. Just wondering what the differentences are from the f75.

Same frequency. Similar ground balancing.

The F-75 offers a few more tone options (iron null , iron very low tone, and where medium targets sound) and the F-75 offers a half dozen processes that help with various confitions: default, plowed fields, bottle cap (gives caps a broken tone), jewelry, cache, boost (very high gain for depth) - as well as a FA that is a fast process for better seperation.

There may be more - I'm just looking at a F-70 manual and comparing.

Hey Mud and Coin Rescue, does your wife set up all the electronics in your house, computer, TV, stereo, etc..? See, I thought my wife would like detecting also for all the same reasons you mentioned, but found that it was the technology she didn't get into. Beep and dig, as simple as it gets machine wise, was too frustrating digging too much trash. More complex discriminating machines with multiple tones etcetera she had to put too much thought into using it. Soooo, I get quiet time to myself when I go detecting. Fortunately, like REVIER, my wife is ok with me going out and even tells me to go out often. Probably just to give her some peace and quiet for the day.

Hey OV...yep, she sets up all the electronics..TV remote, computer, even the timer on the coffee pot...all are out of my comprehension or interest...I can do the heavy wiring, and can program machines, but not these household things...

I cannot for the life of me figure out why she's not as geeked about detecting as I am?..My Wife is also very good about me going out detecting...I go early am, so She doesnt miss me, and she knows theres no way I would ever be considered enough of an attractive 'target' by Man hunting Females, since I dress poor, drive a crappy little chevy, got no game, cant dance, have a strange body odor similar to wet rotten onions, and I am afraid of most all Wimmen, including Her, Her mom, My Mom, and all of my Sisters....So to Her, my 'sport' is considered a healthy and harmless pastime, with bits of jewelry occasionally thrown Her way..:thumbup:
Mud

I usually sum it up this way...

If you NEED the bells and whistles, multi programs and other stuff the F75 offers, get it.

If you NEED a simpler, rugged "workhorse" that operates much like an F75, get the F70.

I can equate it to my 30-30 rifle. If you do your part ( learn it), it will do it's part.