Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F70 users! My Brother Gave me A Homework Assignment

NCtoad said:
Mark, thank you so much for doing this! That is a great chart!! I've suspected these results (mid level sense and mid level thresh for best depth) from the little bit of experimenting I did. I also noticed I got the best signals in my test garden with mid level settings. At the time and being a newbie I just figured higher sensitivity would lead to better depth. Now there may be certain soil conditions where higher sense will lead to deeper signals, but it does't seem to be the case in my soil where I'm ground balancing in the high 80's to low 90's. High sense (80 and above) seems to give a low level feedback in my headphones. Can I have permission to copy your chart and post it on the F70 user group over at FMDF?

Sure, I posted to share with anybody that could make good use of it.!

Mark

Seeing how there is some interest in the sharing of my F70 chart I'm going to try another screen shot of it and see if saving it as a PNG file instead of a JPG helps the quality of it some,
it's the same chart in that the contents hasn't been changed.
So, will see if this looks any better.

Well, I checked it after it uploaded and to me it looks pretty much the same as the other, which is just a bit fuzzy for some reason, when I view it directly from my computer file the image is perfect.

Mark

Both look perfectly sharp and fine.
Methinks your eyes might be a bit fuzzy.
Or... :drinking:

You tell him Revier, :rofl:

Here ya go...

Hunted yesterday all over a small park I have been to many times over the years.
F70 had the big DD coil, sense at 65, thresh on +4, DE speed and 3H tones the whole day.
Stayed pretty quiet and scored all the coins below in areas I had hunted before.
Nothing super deep and I can't say these settings made a huge difference and I can't say I never got a coil over them before for sure but they were all pretty easy to spot from a couple of areas I had scoured pretty good many times.
None were ever gridded though, I just do my drunk aimless wandering thing at most of my sites and hope for the best.
The two coins on the left of the pic were the good ones...a mid 40's and mid 50's wheats but where I found them was the good part.
A small front lawn area of an old knocked down home and I know I have hit this small area a lot pretty carefully paying close attention with all kinds of detectors, coils and settings looking for masked silver coins.
This time they were easy to find.

Some nice black dirt on top but just a few inches down some thick red clay, some trash in the area and some kind of big iron down deep under one of them.
They both showed up at the 4-5" depth level, bouncy into the high 80's to low 90's like coins usually do around here but they repeated from 2 angles with no drops down to the 70's or 60's like rusty bottle caps usually do or even once to iron like iron usually does.
Like I said it was pretty easy...this time.

Could it have been the higher thresh settings?
Usually hunting in this spot in disc my thresh more often than not is set at -2 or lower.
I think I have also tried my blast through all metal with sense and thresh maxed settings at least once here, maybe, but they stayed buried till yesterday.

Looks good so far...I will continue to maybe tweak a bit more and hunt more of my usual sites and see what happens.
Maybe try monotone next, seems to have some superior unmasking abilities around here or at least helps me notice good signals even better than multi tones.

MarkCZ said:
"dfmike" I found the below in the Teknetics T2 manual and its called "Hum Level" LoL! Seems they included it in the T2 but decided to give it another name.

T2 manualHUM LEVEL This is the same thing that some manufacturers call audio threshold. It is adjustable from -9 to +9. For maximum ability to hear the weakest signals said:

Thanks Mark. I went on the Teknetics site and on page 11 of the T2 manual they state that the hum level or threshold is in the all metal mode. No mention of it in the disc mode like I thought. It does have a threshold control in all metal but NOT in disc. So it does appear that the F70 is the only one to have it in both modes among the 13 kHz machines. It's something I like having on the F5 and if I ever decide to try a 13 kHz machine that could sway me towards the F70.

I read this thread and another that i believe was posted by Revier either here or on another forum. I noticed that the depth on both charts seemed to max out with the thresh set at +2. I decided that I would hunt my yard which has been scoured and a local picnic grounds that I had done pretty good at last week. I set my thresh to +2, 4h tones, De process, disc at 65 with nickels notched in. I adjusted the sensitivity based on the chatter from 35-80 throughout the hunt. I had great success. i found two coins a wheat and a dime at 8+ inches. All coins hit hard. The picnic grounds was littered in pull tabs, but I just had dig a few to be able to tell the difference.If anyone knows where to locate the charts from Revier, please let me know so that i can download them. I don't mean to resurrct an old thread, but these settings worked wonders in soil that GB's in the 70 range. Try them out and see if you get the same results.

hsimmons75 said:
I read this thread and another that i believe was posted by Revier either here or on another forum. I noticed that the depth on both charts seemed to max out with the thresh set at +2. I decided that I would hunt my yard which has been scoured and a local picnic grounds that I had done pretty good at last week. I set my thresh to +2, 4h tones, De process, disc at 65 with nickels notched in. I adjusted the sensitivity based on the chatter from 35-80 throughout the hunt. I had great success. i found two coins a wheat and a dime at 8+ inches. All coins hit hard. The picnic grounds was littered in pull tabs, but I just had dig a few to be able to tell the difference.If anyone knows where to locate the charts from Revier, please let me know so that i can download them. I don't mean to resurrct an old thread, but these settings worked wonders in soil that GB's in the 70 range. Try them out and see if you get the same results.

Nope, no charts from me, MarkCZ is the chart guy around here, if you can imagine it he has made up a chart about it.
Don't know how he ever gets the time to hunt in between setting up all the testing, doing the testing, recording results then manufacturing the actual chart.
In full color no less.

A real asset to the forum, that guy.

REVIER said:
hsimmons75 said:

Nope, no charts from me, MarkCZ is the chart guy around here, if you can imagine it he has made up a chart about it.
Don't know how he ever gets the time to hunt in between setting up all the testing, doing the testing, recording results then manufacturing the actual chart.
In full color no less.

A real asset to the forum, that guy.
WAIT!!!
My big brother WV62 is the real chart creator!! he'll send me a chart or ask me for some numbers to fill in some blanks on what he's working on. I think he makes a lot of them up during the winter, then he (we) refines them as he goes along.
Being new to the forum I don't know if you can send personal message yet, but if you can look at WV62 post above and send him a message I'm sure he'll send you any of the charts he has. If you can't do PM's yet then you you could post your email address in a reply in this topic and he'll probably fix you right up.

Mark

My email address, rwcapron@suddenlink.net if you need a chart I will do my best to send you the one you want.

Ron in WV

Yes, three brothers, I get them mixed up.
All I know is they are in W.Va, they probably talk funny and at least one if them lives to make up charts.

REVIER said:
Yes, three brothers, I get them mixed up.
All I know is they are in W.Va, they probably talk funny and at least one if them lives to make up charts.

:rofl:

WV62 is the Eldest and the chart creator, I'm the baby so I've not gain the chart creating skill yet!

Mark

I made a chart for my Teknetics Patriot, which showed very similar results to WV62's chart, but i can't upload the excel file. Any advice on how to share this chart.

hsimmons75 said:
I made a chart for my Teknetics Patriot, which showed very similar results to WV62's chart, but i can't upload the excel file. Any advice on how to share this chart.

You can offer to email it to people who request it!
And you can take a screen shot of it and post the image on the forum.

Mark

I use snips and take a screen shot of the chart and then just size it if needed to upload to the forum.

Brother MarkCZ showed me how to use snips, it was already on my PC but I never used it.

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
I use snips and take a screen shot of the chart and then just size it if needed to upload to the forum.

Brother MarkCZ showed me how to use snips, it was already on my PC but I never used it.

Ron in WV

PROOF! you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Just look in your Windows accessories for "Snipping Tool"
Right click its icon and choose to create a shortcut on the desktop (I opted to put the shortcut in the task bar)

Mark

dfmike said:
MarkCZ said:
"dfmike" I found the below in the Teknetics T2 manual and its called "Hum Level" LoL! Seems they included it in the T2 but decided to give it another name.

T2 manualHUM LEVEL This is the same thing that some manufacturers call audio threshold. It is adjustable from -9 to +9. For maximum ability to hear the weakest signals said:

Thanks Mark. I went on the Teknetics site and on page 11 of the T2 manual they state that the hum level or threshold is in the all metal mode. No mention of it in the disc mode like I thought. It does have a threshold control in all metal but NOT in disc. So it does appear that the F70 is the only one to have it in both modes among the 13 kHz machines. It's something I like having on the F5 and if I ever decide to try a 13 kHz machine that could sway me towards the F70.

In this thread there was some misinformation about controlling the thresh in disc on the F75, Dave J. came on after he asked John Gardiner about the programming and gave the definitive answer...on these 13kHz machines only the F70/Partiot has this ability.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2372790,page=1

Probably a non issue, the F75/T2 are both extremely capable and can find the good stuff in disc even without this feature so it doesn't really matter.
Still, looking at this chart and seeing some of the things I have seen in the field and finding some of the things I have found using higher thresh in disc I am still awful glad I have it and can use it when I want to.

Finally got that chart uploaded. Thanks WV62 for the other charts. I had similar results, but my idea didn't transfer over in the real world. Here's the post http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,2375024
and here is the chart for the Patriot.
[attachment 346555 PatriotChart.png]

Nice chart, looks like for that coil sensitivity 45 to 50 = 11". That 11" on a silver dime is top of the line, what coil were you testing?

Now if you have a different coil to test you may not need to run all those numbers, from the above chart you should be able pick a starting point. If you do another test on a different coil what I would look for is common setup that would match your 11" settings. May keep you needing a cheat sheet of settings in your pocket. LOL

Ron in WV

That was the 11"DD. I'm really happy with the air test depth, but as I mentioned in the other post, with the threshold at +3, I had a hard time locating some planted coins. With the threshold at-2 and the sensitivity up, I located the coins. My soil is full of nails, everywhere! My house has been here since 1870 and I'm going to have to try some of the settings to see through the trash. I'm getting ready to bite the bullet on a small coil, anyone have any recommendations? I've been considering the 5"DD or one of the small elliptical coils. I like the reviews of the 10"concentric also, but I think a sniper coils will help more right now. Thanks again for the charts Ron. Hopefully mine will help others too.