Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Camo 3rd time around

Ok here we go, went outside today in the same place i tested before. With disc sen-99 bp would not stop jumping around till i hit 50 sens, it was quiet when i got it back the second time at these same settings. When i did turn sens to 99 in 9.0 that 15'' on a nickle i was getting was gone. To much noise to check am. So i tried the 5'' coil and it ran quiet, disc bp sens-99, nickle 11'' and in am 9.5''. They replaced my 11'' coil so it can't be that. Also has anyone noticed the back of there control head screws being clear caulked so you can't see screws? I dont feel confident in this machine to sell or trade so i guess i now have a very nice paper weight. Anyone wanting a picture of said paperweight please send me your e-mail. I did a reset which you do when you switch from 9.0 to 9.1. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, ANY SUGGESTING WOULD BE GREAT, ALWAY'S POSSIBLE, OPERATOR ERROR

If I may comment, just because cause it has new DTS technology it does not mean that they guarantee it to be EMI free. EMI at my place changes from low to high daily so I don't understand your concern.
Have you tried each of the 7 frequency changes to find a better frequency? See page 28 of the manual.

I'll try that , may problem was first time upgrade had the bad am depth and e.m.i issues, then after 2nd time am depth still bad and e.m.i issues gone. Now bad e.m.i again so i cant check depth. Exact same place tested after each return. Thanks Tom

My unit came back from upgrade Friday week ago. It has the clear looking material in the screw holes. Sounds like yours cinttomcat. Are you checking your your in town. heaviliy residential etc. Mine runs super quiet at 0 disc sens 99 bp with stock coil. Heck I can run mine at 80 sens o disc, bp in the house with lights, tv,satellite box on with just a little noise. I couldn't even run the machine before upgrade at those settings in the backwoods away from power lines, dwellings.

In my backyard away from the house on a plastic garbage can, same as with all the other tests. Tried freq change helped a little but still to loud for a air-test. My second time around could not in house at no setting but outside quiet.

Take it for a ride out to a park and try it.
Let us know what it does. I have these new fluorescent and LED light bulbs now. I bet those are EMI factories just pumping out bad signals.:nerd:

Sometimes I think we get to caught up in that 99 sens. Maybe try it lower then work your way up. Those numbers seem pretty good w the 5 " coil. I don't know what to think on my 11. I am having trouble when there are several targets in close area. The 5 is so much easier to work and I really don't know that I loose much using it. Try de process till you get used to your machine. What was wrong the 2 nd time those numbers were great. Emi?
Like someone else suggested go down the road with it and use it in a real life situation and see how it does.

Brian

I was reading a user manual for the X Terra by Minelab.

They had an interesting story about using the highest sensitivity on a detector. I think it applies to all detectors and based on how much mineralization there is in the ground.

In low Mineralization using maximum sensitivity is like driving at night with your high beams on in crystal clear air. You can see far and deep into the night.
High Mineralization using maximum sensitivity is like driving at night in a fog. The minerals or fog bounce back and overload your senses. You can not see what is there the detector overloads. Lowing the power or using low beams of light reduces the bounce back and lets you see much better. to may not see what is deep but you will see what is closer clearer.
So running at 99 sensitivity can be good in some situations but not all situations. I have read that running at 10 Sensitivity you can get 8" depth on a coin.

how deep were you finding coins in actual hunting situations the 3 times you've had it back?

I tried 4 different Xterra 705's and didn't like any of them and everyone says they are great. Sometimes we just don't click with a certain machine. I love the Fisher machines but the Minelab Xterra series I hate. To each their own.

Change your spot, sometimes something can be on in the area one time and off another.

If you can get your hands on another 11" coil I would try that as well, you could have got another bad one.

Just checking, are you new to the F75, they can be a little messy at first?

Ron in WV

Just took it out once for a hunt and still the emi issues. Didn't take it out the 2nd time back because I was going to trade it. Even at sens 50 in bp it was pretty jumpy. I know e.m.i but had these same issues before spending an extra $150.00 that I will never get back out of it. Sent back the 2nd time because of the am depth issues. Be nice if I could go back and save the time and money. I have it boxed up, will try later in the spring and if no luck I guess i'll part it out to get some of my money back. Thanks for all the feedback. Tom

Really sorry to hear about your struggles....I feel your pain. Maybe try switching frequency as suggested above... I read this procedure on another forum, works good to find the quietest frequency. Do this in AM mode with the sens turned up as high as you can without out it being completely nuts. Hold the coil really still, 12" or so off the ground, but parallel with the ground. Then switch through the frequencies, pausing on each one for a few seconds until you find the quietest frequency. This will at least give you the quietest frequency to do your checks on.

Worth a shot.

Kenny

Try a manual Ground-Balance in All-Metal and then go to discrimination. Set your disc on 15 and see if the machine is quieter. I mostly use mine for relic hunting and use the bp mode and 99 sensitivity along with 0 discrimination when I can but most of the time some adjustments need to be made. You have a good machine don't give up yet. HH :fisher::minelab::teknetics:

cintitomcat said:
Ok here we go, went outside today in the same place i tested before. With disc sen-99 bp would not stop jumping around till i hit 50 sens, it was quiet when i got it back the second time at these same settings. When i did turn sens to 99 in 9.0 that 15'' on a nickle i was getting was gone. To much noise to check am. So i tried the 5'' coil and it ran quiet, disc bp sens-99, nickle 11'' and in am 9.5''. They replaced my 11'' coil so it can't be that. Also has anyone noticed the back of there control head screws being clear caulked so you can't see screws? I dont feel confident in this machine to sell or trade so i guess i now have a very nice paper weight. Anyone wanting a picture of said paperweight please send me your e-mail. I did a reset which you do when you switch from 9.0 to 9.1. Maybe i'm doing something wrong, ANY SUGGESTING WOULD BE GREAT, ALWAY'S POSSIBLE, OPERATOR ERROR

I had an original Camo F75 SE ............... To be honest it was horrible, and never worked properly. I took a beating and traded it in letting the person know it wasn't right before the trade.
.perhaps the entire Micro Processor need changed out before upgrades were done Tom.

[size=x-large]Have you contacted Mike Scott as he requested on the upgrade review posted here at top of F series forum (1st post)... First Texas will go out of their way to make it right if it's possible[/size].

Did e-mail him but no response, called and talked to Gene Scullion about my second return that am air-test was weak compaired to the disc and he e-mailed me back saying 10'' was still pretty good. Now the second time back the dst was working and this detector was quiet. Talked to Juan at fisher and he told me that 10'' in am was not right and to send it back in. Now it's has emi issues to where i can't check the am depth air-test. They replaced the 11'' coil so that can't be a problem. Even at 50 sens it's to loud. I know everyone talks about emi issues but i had these issues before spending $150.00 and now 2 month's of my time. Last thing i want to do is send this back in after they said it was tested by 2 tech's and worked fine. I'm testing this in the same place every time with no condition changes.

Agree it still dont sound right...Its all good people suggesting turn discrim up/sens down, try somewhere else etc..Especially seen it was quiet second time round that would make me question it..Im in same boat as u second time round,,,Quiet as a mouse (even in house) tho AM depth rubbish...Just goin to have to live with it i spose, tho if i lived in usa and shipping was free then id send back again without hesitation. i wonder if people with the t2 upgrades are experiencing same problems? Ive not seen it mentioned much.

Ste

And straighten this out? By not getting it right, FT is losing a lot of sales .