Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 finds relics in old MO Site

moreb

Finally got some free time to get out before gun season starts. I bought a F75 last December and found some stuff but really wanted to see what I had missed in some old sites. I finally got to hunt a site where I and another friend hunted with Garret VLF Deep Seekers. I found this site in 1982. Hunted it till 1985 when the landowner sold it. New owner didn't want to be bothered. The land just recently changed hands again. Latest owner was fine with me looking. Started where I left off 32 years ago.

Had to wait till it quit raining this morning around 10:00 am. Pasture and some timber. Bullets in the timber are still dis-colored. Some with little or no patina.

I guess the rain really made the brass sound out today. Was in the timber and dug a 410 shotgun shell, same reading small button back, same reading another 410 shot gun shell.

1 .69 3 ringer with 2 pull holes.

A great day to hunt!

The F75 is way above my learning curve. I hunted in all metal most of the day with 99% sensitivity. Seemed ok. I then switched to Discriminate Sensitivity 99,ran Disc at 0 , Notch at 1(haven't figured that feature out) # of tones F2 and process BP. Seemed real scratchy and not as quite as all metal. However I still dug items. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Keith

Hi,

Sensitivity at 99 is way to powerful for most hunting situations. Turn it to 60 to 70.
Use DE mode for now.
Try 3H tones to get three tones low iron - medium lead, tin, alum, gold- Hi will be, nickels, copper - silver, big iron
coins will be repeatable numbers that do not vary much

Keep it simple until you are comfortable with this

Have fun

The F75 will be great for relics. I use AM mostly when relic hunting and sensitivity high as I can as long as it is still stable. If yours has the DST upgrade, try running a little is DST and non dst .. one may perform better, than the other, for you in your location

In all metal you will find a lot, lots of jumping around over every piece of metal in the ground but you can get used to it.
In disc on non DST units there is a huge difference in noise between 0 on the disc and that short move to 1.
Try hunting in 1 tone, monotone...my favorite when hunting in disc especially around lots of trash and iron.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,2372790,2373296

There are many completely different settings that can work for all kinds of hunters.

Fantastic relics.
Please keep in mind, you don't have to run with sensitivity at 99% in any process or all metal modes.
The machine is plenty deep enough at a setting of 85-87.

Extreme sensitivity settings will cause a lot of false audio hits, keep up the progress, you'll be rewarded well.

My 3 cents worth........

80-90% of the time I run in DE, 60 - 80 Sens, notch 8, and 3 tones

if the ground is quiet I'll jump to BP, 80 and up, notch 8, 3 tones

if the ground is full of iron and noisy I'll jump to All Metal mode and adjust sens as high as I can tolerate but normally around 70-80. My reasoning for this setting is the iron causes a ton of falsing and masks other targets. Being able to hear all the tones the good targets aren't masked by all the crazy iron signals.....

this works for me........ hope it helps.....

Try two tone bp. Your hunting relics not cherry picking coins. If you want to dig deep stuff get a 15"/12" SEF coil. I've had lots of luck with this set up. HH