Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 RESALE VALUEI see alo

I see a few on in the classifies here with no interest, I tried selling my upgraded camo with no luck so decided to keep and boxed it up. I guess the upgrade issues have the resale value of these close to a turd in a toilet. What a shame. But it looks like used acc. prices are low.

the resale value has been low for a few years on the f75 and t2 machines seems like the upgraded ones would be more desirable i dont think you can find a better all around detector, i know i would never part with mine hh

Even the upgraded machines seem to be like pulling teeth to sell. Just look at the 3 in classifies, 1 has even ask for any offers and nothing. I feel there pain and feel it's part of the upgrade problems they had. Good luck to all 3 of them.

Tom:

I really do believe it is because for many years now the 75's have all but remained the same. New editions sure. A couple mode changes. But basic detector function and looks is the same.

Cameo, SE, LTD, DST........ Bp Mode, cache mode, 9.1 , 9.0 modes ..Yet no real difference in the detector except a little better stability. Some even say the latest version has been dumbed down on depth..

It might be time for the F-75 series to end..And a new type detector take it's place..Fisher Coin & Relic Pro. Water proof, colored screen version, Multi ( 2 frequency ) 5 and 15 like the CZ had.. Something making it really different to generate the market. This will not address the older units prices.Mostly everyone who wanted one has one. At least as far as people associated with this forum. World sales, and all USA sales may be great on resale F75's...

Just looked on Ebay's completed items .......they had 2 pages of sold F75's with and without the upgrades..... I noticed selling on the MD Forums tend to be slow....... unless you have it priced super low below ebay price's.

Could not have put it better myself. The F75 & T2 (any version) is probably the best "used" value in the MD'ing market.

Fisher just needs to drop this design all together and come up with something new. Sounds like Elton needs be on staff at FT.

Want to here a old "beat like a dead horse" unit? What about the GTI? Someone needs to re invent the imaging feature. That would truly revolutionize the industry...

Single frequency vlf ib detectors are very close to the end of the road.

What a detector like the F75 or T2 does well, it does bery well indeed.

What it doesn't do well, like work in salt or highly mineralized ground at depth, is the "job to be done" of new technology detectors.

Multi frequency (simultaneously) detectors like the CZ series and Minelab's barious platforms do,better with mineralization, but have other drawbacks.

PI detectors punch deep but do not meaningfully discriminate.

Minelab has a new, non PI platform in the GPZ, but no discrimination (yet), Whites has hybrid patents, but no hardware shown yet, First Texas has announced that they are working on new multifrequency platforms.

Until one of these leads, or something "out of left field" pays off, we are essentially stuck with "variations on a theme"

I look for lighter, weatherproff power efficient successors to the F75 and T2, while we wait for really new stuff.

You maybe right, just seems everyone loved the F75 except for emi issues. The updates took care of this problem so it seems these would be hot items for depth and running quiet. Seems these detectors would sell better on the detector forums than on Ebay. Oh well

To be honest, for me the resale is driven down by lack of warranty. I am sure FTP machines don't have any more warranty problems than any others but try to look at it this way. Say there are three machines all costing $800 new. One has no transferrable warranty, one has a 3 year, and the other a 5 year. Two months later they are all being sold and the asking price is $600 for all three. Right off the bat which two of the three would you be most likely be attracted to based on risk/value? Granted there are other considerations but we're just looking at the risk of something going wrong after you get it. For me the lack of warranty would drive the resale price down an additional $100-$200 based on the my experience of repairs generally costing between $100 and $150 including shipping. As a buyer of second hand machines I generally see FTP machines worth a little less than the usual asking prices. As a buyer of a new machine I am going to carefully consider whether a new machine is a "keeper" or how much I may have to eat at resale time if I just want to try and then sell it if I don't care to hang on to it. Again FTP are awesome products. If I get one I will probably look at a cheap clean used unit that may be been around a year operating without problems.

I just re-read my post above. I either need to learn how to type or start proofreading my stuff.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Too many reports of problems and performance variances in the latest rollout, imo. People are scared of spending good money on someone else's dud. That, and last winter's hype blitzkrieg still has people wondering whether their money should be spent on a Turk machine.

To be honest, for me the resale is driven down by lack of warranty.

Exactly

As a buyer of a new machine I am going to carefully consider whether a new machine is a "keeper" or how much I may have to eat at resale time if I just want to try and then sell it

Agreed 100%

The "sold" listings show that used F75 with DST are selling for about $730 which is about 66% if the new price of $1100

If you look, for example at Minelab CTX 3030's, you see them selling used for about $1750 which is 70% of the new price of $2499.

No significant difference.

Sad truth is that if you pay Minimum Advertised Price for a new detector, you can expect that it's resale value is now about 70% of,what you paid.

Note also, that the fact that the Minelab has a transferrable warranty (unlike Fisher) seems to make no difference in the depreciation.

You are so right, if you buy new then try to sell it even 1 month later you are going to loose big time. I do like the transferrable warranty but it is not a game changer. I have had lots of machines over the last 45 yrs and have never sent one in for a repair. Maybe I am just lucky though. Having a warranty is a good feeling though and may indicate the manufacture has faith in there product to at least last the warranty period.

I've noticed that sales numbers on all the forums has been down for the last three or four years. Seems to have started in ernest around 2010 and has only marginally picked since 2014.

I also think that the DST hardware compatibility issue that Fisher experienced during the first part of the DST release hurt resale value on the forums.

If you are looking at a F75 with DST and worried about a dud, just have the seller do a air test like we do with all the folks that are selling CZ3D's.

In my opinion, the F75 LTD with DST is still one of the best detectors on the market today and its very hard to go wrong buying one now that the EMI isues have been addressed. It is basically the work horse of metal detectors; it can do nearly all things well.

HH
Mike

My main issue was the AM depth, 1st and 2nd trip was for that problem. I was getting 7-8''. Now it's just over 12'' but still a little weaker than Disc mode. Seems I hear a lot of the AM depth a little weaker than Disc after the upgrades.

Detectors are like cars you buy a new one and as soon as you drive it off the lot it's already depreciated 20-30%. I would rather buy a used metal detector at a lower price in case I get it and it and I don't click I don't lose as much money when re-selling it. Now if it's a machine that I've already had and I know it and I click I may buy a new one to have the security of a warranty. I would love to give a F-75 a test drive but it's one of those machines I'm not sure if I'd click with or not.

I purchased my F 75 Limited used on on E-bay for around $ 650.00 in April of 2014. So I would say resale value has not changed that much today.
Had a ball with it all summer. Was it easy? no- At times it is hard work.
In the fall I got the upgrade for what was it ??? the $ 159.00

It came back with a new control panel and other stuff. Just like a new one.
So if I have $ 800.00 invested in a nice unit with two coils. Got a third 10x5 coil last winter.
The F75 will Sniff out most any metal object in the ground if it is there.
It is up to the user to interpret the language of the F75 and determine when to dig. That is where most people fail.
Is the F 75 the best?
Well not in all circumstances. But pretty good over all.

Last year I got 334 coins with it, and this year to date 443 coins - so that's about 777 Coins in a year - lol
So what is fun worth these days?

Those that think this hobby is a money making deal are dreaming.
Those who complain about resale value don't have:

The patience to listen and understand the F 75,
Don't like FFP in general and carry a grudge,
Don't like hard work, (maybe someone will make a detector that will dig the hole for you too?)
or don't really like detecting.

Hint- Complaining about it will (Shhh lower the price more) Maybe that is the intent of this post????

Price, whatever. It seem like a high end detector like these should not be so hard to sell used. Still seems like the kill factor for these started after the upgrade problem came out. Not wanting to buy because of the possible am depth issue.

Cintitomcat has a lot of issues when he got his upgrade. I think he had to go back 4 times. Most of us remember that as it was all over the board for a while. That hardware compatibilty issue I mentioned before. Those things can make it hard to onload one.

Like I said...post an air test when you list the unit and the good ones will sell fast. But then again, the bad ones won't.

HH
Mike