Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Factory battery pack

JC99328

FYI, buddy just had his battery pack "rebuilt" at a battery and bulb store. Cost $40 to have it done.

That's good to know if necessary. New ones are still available at Centerville Electronics & online.

If you can operate a soldering iron/gun, you can do it yourself for the cost of the batteries.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, I read and re-read that White's detectors have a maximum voltage limit before it blows at 45 volts. Personally, I would use the factory rechargeable battery pack (orange label) or the battery packs that use AA's. I certainly would not exceed voltage and take a chance of damaging my V3i. Yes we all want to gain run time on your batteries for staying out in the field longer. I myself take an extra battery pack with me on all my hunts.

Another choice is to use the RNB-2900 or the RNB-3200 if you can find them. Correct me if I'm wrong but, did RNB company close their doors?

TC-NM

If you don't want to solder, rechargeable NiMh are a great alternative. 8 AA and two 4 cell chargers are about $20. That is what I use in my backuo pack. No problems.

Yea I missed something too. I got OMD and bouts of CRS so bear with me!!! There are some people that like to tinker and DIY. Then there are people that just like the convience of using off the shelf battery packs (like White's) 👍

TC-NM

Does anyone know if RNB's are no longer manuf.?