Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fantastic weather day for February !

Elmy

got out in great weather to get a few goodies....wheats...barber...merc....sterling silver jewelry....buffalo's...war nickel...indian pennies.
0204201054.jpg

Elmy, Wow, looks like you've got your own Gold mine there, Congrats on some great finds!

Just an old church campgrounds that has meetings once a year for a week....we have hit it many times and still get surprised every time we hunt it. Just never get it all it seems.

Thanks all...we are going back soon and next time we will see how the nox does compared to my etrac on this well worked out place.

WTG , I would consider that a very good day !

Just a little etrac work in a couple of hours....nox will pickup the rest next time ?????????????

coins all were around the 10 inch deep mark. Had to use a t handle digger !
This was the 4th of feb.... 3 weeks ago.

first and only hunt for 2020...53 today here, but 20 mph winds ...so no hunting....rain and colder weather for all week coming....the weather is not our friend !

Just a little etrac work in a couple of hours....nox will pickup the rest next time ?????????????

coins all were around the 10 inch deep mark. Had to use a t handle digger !
This was the 4th of feb.... 3 weeks ago.
[/ I’ve even seen a video of the Vanquish making finds that other Minelab machines have missed!....Is it because the coils never passed over target?..Is it because machines settings for that day?...I’m truly not sure to be honest....The Nox set in Field mode does have the potential to hit 10” when adjusted right.

we will see...nox is setup and ready to hunt along with the etrac....results will be posted.

thanks... I have a dealer lined up and ready to sell a nox if this goes well...all lined up and ready to pick up.So I am really open to a very honest test. Weather permitting.

thanks... I have a dealer lined up and ready to sell a nox if this goes well...all lined up and ready to pick up.So I am really open to a very honest test. Weather permitting.
Nox should hang!....past videos on this subject shows this. They depict the Nox hanging right at the heels of both Etrac & CTX!....One thing is for sure, the Nox won’t go any deeper. It’ll hang with them in most conditions and with comfort!!!

Good luck let me know how those settings work for your area I'm over 30 silvers so far for 2020 3 halves two silver using the settings I sent Elmay this in part plays to the fact that the ground has been soft almost all winter here in CT..
Mark

I have never compared 2 machines side by side before so I'm sure there are a lot of variables to consider and I kinda hope you find the nox acceptable to your personal standards not only in detecting but the build quality as well. Someone said they had made the shafts better now so that would be a plus I'm not going in the water to hunt so the waterproof feature isn't that important to me..
Keep us posted

Nice finds ! Just made the switch from Whites to Minelab. Picked up a Etrac that was used only 2 times for an amazing price. I'm new to the forum and love all the story's and finds. Living In So Cal and near perfect weather all year makes it more fun to go hunting. Just so hard to hunt around Orange County because everyone is so into their homes and they take excellent care of their yard and so it makes it hard to go door knocking in some of the old city's and hunt for some old coins and relics. Having pretty good success so far with the E-Trac. It hasn't let me down yet. Always something in the hole.

Skyskioc

Welcome to minelabs...I ran a whites dfx for 10 years.....very good detector....but now you will get even deeper....all your questions should be here and don't be afraid to ask any here as there are a lot of experienced user on this forum with years using the minelabs detectors...that is how you learn it very quickly.

Thanks for the kind words. I definitely will ask if I have any questions. My Etrac has been kind to me so far with the digs I have done. Finding lots of newer coins but that's ok with me. I'm just trying to learn all the functions and sounds. The numbers are the toughest but I'm starting to get it. I've been detecting since I was a kid when I got the bug. If anyone has any certain settings they use with the Etrac, I would love to give them a try. Thanks forum