Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Favorite bud stop

Listener

Just returned home Monday from camping in Idaho for a week without cell service. Wonderfully tranquil.
Decided to check out my fav bus stop which gets reseeded frequently from a nearby 7/11 that people go to and stop under this huge globe willow next to the stop.
Found that a large limb was blown over from a recent wind I guess. Glad I wasn’t there.
Found a bit of clad, a James Madison dollar, a junk ring. Be careful under large trees .

Attachments

• 9F84306F-1151-4962-82E9-6566505F0179.jpeg
    9F84306F-1151-4962-82E9-6566505F0179.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • 79FF5C4A-1D55-4087-845D-13967BCD8A06.jpeg
    79FF5C4A-1D55-4087-845D-13967BCD8A06.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
When I read your title, “ favorite bud stop” I wasn’t sure if I was going to see beer establishment or a dispensary 😂 Now I realize you meant bus stop.

When I read your title, “ favorite bud stop” I wasn’t sure if I was going to see beer establishment or a dispensary 😂 Now I realize you meant bus stop.
Guess AI hasn’t taken over yet and I’m dummer than a hunnerd head of sheep for not catching it.🤣
Anyway I went back out this evening and did better. 18 qtrs, 17 Dimes,13 pennys and another dollar coin. Also found 6 copper rings that rang up as quarters. Actually they read 95-97 fooled me. Maybe they will get reseeded if I see a shoveler headed my way!

Attachments

• 800DA592-CB39-4FE7-8669-853153691AFD.jpeg
    800DA592-CB39-4FE7-8669-853153691AFD.jpeg
    945.9 KB · Views: 60
My first thought as well. LoL

Nice diggins. Find any goodies in Idaho ?
Not much cause my back phone wouldn’t pair with the WS6. Tried everything no go. So left the Bruneau, Grandview area and went to the Pines near Pine and Featherville area. Got the WS6 paired but only found a few bucks in clad and lots of pull tabs and melted blobs of aluminum! There was an old dredge rotted out at Featherville, and piles of overburden for about 3 1/2 miles up the Feather River and a short ways up another. I tried to get some paydirt at one area and decided at 81 it was looking like I might not want to risk it. I made it down to the spot but no way to get across the river. It was all I had in me to get back to the 4 wheeler. If half my age I would be all over that stuff. It was last worked in the late forty’s.

Not sure where you are from but the wilderness, trails and camping was part of what motivated my wife and I to move to the Middleton Idaho just outside of Boise. Looks like you have a great spot there to revisit from time to time.
Profile picture was taken in Smiley Creek ID, north of Sun Valley.

Not much cause my back phone wouldn’t pair with the WS6. Tried everything no go. So left the Bruneau, Grandview area and went to the Pines near Pine and Featherville area. Got the WS6 paired but only found a few bucks in clad and lots of pull tabs and melted blobs of aluminum! There was an old dredge rotted out at Featherville, and piles of overburden for about 3 1/2 miles up the Feather River and a short ways up another. I tried to get some paydirt at one area and decided at 81 it was looking like I might not want to risk it. I made it down to the spot but no way to get across the river. It was all I had in me to get back to the 4 wheeler. If half my age I would be all over that stuff. It was last worked in the late forty’s.
I've always dreamed of working piles like that.
Hopefully some day. If you'd care to share locations like that pm me. I'll put it on my bucket list if I ever get out of this house.
Your are definitely getting around better than I am these days.
Your a great insperation to those of us broken.
Thank You for posting your adventures. 🤗

Not sure where you are from but the wilderness, trails and camping was part of what motivated my wife and I to move to the Middleton Idaho just outside of Boise. Looks like you have a great spot there to revisit from time to time.
Profile picture was taken in Smiley Creek ID, north of Sun Valley.
I’m in South Salt Lake, lived in Idaho in the 60’s and 70’s. Gods Country. I know Smiley Creek been there. One place I dream of getting back too is over Galena summit from Ketchum and turn left at the bottom go up Frenchman creek to the old site of Vienna. I hunted deer up there in the late sixty’s. During the mining years it was populated with over 10,000 people. I remember the mountain side dotted with rotting piles of wood from the temporary tents, small cabins. Still have visions of caches or lost items up there. I remember going up a road, I think just a. Little ways past the Warm Springs camp ground on the right into the pines on the south side of Galena summit and finding a colapsed double deck horse barn built by the miners for the ore wagons. There was a hitching post on the ground sixty feet long all hand hewn. Those ole boys were tough. A different breed of people for sure. Thanks and enjoy Idaho while u can.

Just back from Owyhee County! Didnt have time to get up to Silver City but wife’s cousin let me swing the yard at their place near Grandview. 57c in clad in 45 minutes so it is what it is.
You had a good day!!!!

years ago i rode pens for jr simplot at the grandview yards also later at the caldwell yards. Spent a lot of time exploring and hunting artifacts around silver city. didnt know what a meral detector was in those days. wished id known , mqybe revisit that part of the world someday!
nice finds

years ago i rode pens for jr simplot at the grandview yards also later at the caldwell yards. Spent a lot of time exploring and hunting artifacts around silver city. didnt know what a meral detector was in those days. wished id known , mqybe revisit that part of the world someday!
nice finds
It’s a small world Ed. Around 1964 I hauled a lot of hay and grain into that feedlot. The reason I was in the area recently I was visiting my nephew and his wife Rusty & Shawna Gill. She manages the Simplot Feedlot at Grandview. Rusty also works they. Together they have a couple hundred head of cattle of their own. Rusty also trains cattle dogs. Real busy people.
Love the history of Owyhee county. Been to Silver City a few times. Scary road back then.

I guess my last bud stop was in 98 the year I got adult onset diabetes. I made one last camping trip just to enjoy my last case of bud.
Any way I hit my favorite bus stop again yesterday. I had no intentions of an altercation but seems I was agitating a pit bull attached to a homeless guy and the dog wasn’t backing off. So I made a threatening remark about the dog and said he needed to get control of it. He didn’t like that and here came the obsentities. I said the dog was threatening me and too keep it into control or I would stick it up his ___. And don’t threaten me or I will call the cops. I went on detecting and he left. We never got to the discussion on my concealed weapon but it was getting close. Also found another Susan B Anthony while there.