Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FE 01 CO 29

Des D

Hi,

Does anyone see FE 01 CO 29 on any 'regular' basis and, what do these targets turn out to be?
In addition, do you ever observe the cursor 'snuggling up' to the top centre of the display screen often accompanying the readings shown above?

I won't say they are regular occurrences with me but during a hunt last week they were seen quite a few times and the finds were...?

Des D

Sometimes the cursor going to the top center area over to the top right portions of the screen is "iron wrap". Good targets can come in at strange places at times. Things like the soil and colocated targets are usually the culprit. The ferrous number is not be trusted on
FBS machines. Conductive numbers are generally more accurate. And sometimes running a manual sensivity say at 25 and higher will help the TID be more stable. Running a ferrous line of disc to say line 27 is also a very good idea. Most folks don't do it and they risk a chance of leaving a nice find behind. Etrac is a good machine. Just don't always trust the numbers especially in areas where you have already dug some nice finds. Try this experiment. Dig a hole, tape a dime and nickel together and place them in hole and sweep with your etrac. I have dug coins that were stacked together like in a coin roll. cheers

A reading of a ferrous 1 and a 'jumpy' conductive number typically in the coin ballpark area has found me a lot of deep silver coins, indians and other keepers. Some of the deep silver dimes were not always in the silver area but a jumpy conductive ID of 30 to 40 or so occasionally hitting the silver area.

My guess, because the keepers i recovered with those numbers are deep, 10-13 inches deep, the eTRAC is at its threshold of detection and can't resolve an accurate digital ferrous ID but yet still trying to signal something conductive is down there.

Keep in mind the ferrous ID accuracy indication is the first to go haywire with the conductive accuracy ( though maybe jumpy) holding out with deep targets. I always go by the conductive number along with the tone when the ferrous reading makes little to no sense especially when its a ferrous 1.
I dig all those.

I've also seen deeper silver targets go to FE 01 many times - as long as the CO numbers are stable - I normally take the FE 01 as a good sign.

As far as seeing FE 01 - CO 29 often - I'd have to say no.

Hi All,

I appreciate your reply's

My 01 29's nearly always turn out to be modern scrap metallic items of a light weight resembling a mix of aluminum and some other 'silvery appearing metal/s', often long and thin, say from 3" to several inches long?

Des D

That most likely would be a pull tab fo rme. Low FE because it is alumunum and CO 29 is right for a tab.

Forgot to say, that i dig those FE 1 indications with jumpy conductive numbers when the depth indicator is at or near bottomed out. The majority of these have been deep coins or other keepers but sometimes severely corroded nails or other piece of junk. Just got to dig foot deep holes.... no pain no gain.

Two seasons ago i dug up about a dozen WWII era silver dimes, couple silver nickels and a few Indians with those FE 1 indications all 10+ inches deep. That park was filled in/sodded over a few decades ago the puzzling reason 'initially' i found no oldies and only modern coins in that area of the park. Research indicated that park held festivals, ball games and carnivals before and during the WWII period so one day i decided to dig anything deep with any kind of a hint of a conductive target.
It paid off with a handful of deep silver and other keepers. This last season i found a few more there.

With those FE 1 indications and a shallow or moderately deep depth reading, all bets are off. In my experience those usually turn out to be junk.

I was at a school and dug some real deep Wheats in the teens..that came up like that....after ...I dug one..it was on!!!!........found 18 of them!

When I get a 01 40 that bounces to a 09 40, its almost always a deeper indian or a barber silver dime.

Yip I mostly dig those ID's,and most times they turn out to be aluiminium or a large piece of brass,or copper,butttttttt I also have dug the odd deep silver ring or coin,one thing I have learnt is if there is any doubt just try another reading at 180 degrees,if its still relatively stable dig dig dig.

With those FE 1 indications and a shallow or moderately deep depth reading, all bets are off. In my experience those usually turn out to be junk.[/quote]

"Spot-On Ironsight.
However, during reams and reams of 'air-testing' hundreds of metal items, the purer the metal, especially relative to silver content produced the LOWest FE reads as well!
Foor example, FE 03 CO 42"

Agreed. The 8 reales I dug back in June, for the most part, produced a low Fe number. I think a couple were 09:40 at 8", one was 03:45 at the same depth, 09:41, and only one hit at 11:48. That one was at about 5.5-6" and perfectly flat. Had an early Tombac button ring up as 01:22 the other day.