Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FE vs FE2 Iron Bias Settings

I am mainly a coin shooter

Sorry if this gets double posted. Are you guys who are running F2 of 0, coin shooters or relic hunters? I just coin shoot. Thanks

think of this feature as a “suppressor” of iron. On one hand IB prevents iron from reporting and assists you to “see” a non-ferrous target lying next to iron.
However too much of this “suppressor” and now it starts to hide / mask the non-ferrous as well.
Am I saying not to use it? Absolutely not. Everyone has different goals when hunting. Preference if you will.
My goal was to learn and operate at F2 - 0. At first I dug quite a bit of iron but as I learned what iron sounds like with no iron bias, I started digging less and less. I still dig some iron when I go out however it’s minimal and (to me) a necessary evil to dig suspect signals.

I have done quite a bit of testing on actual in-the-field coin targets while adjusting iron bias over them. My conclusion is to use it sparingly. It’s a powerful feature that can help and at the same time hurt if too much is applied.

I have heard coins partially masked and as I raised the iron bias ( only a few points) it made the signal degrade to where I would of walked right over the coin. The best way to understand IB is to get out in the field and adjust it over Non-ferrous targets.

good luck in the field !

Thank you.
So that means you like hearing all of the iron grunts.
I believe I tried that at first but didn’t give it a chance.
I’ll goback and see what comes up.
Tony

think of this feature as a “suppressor” of iron. On one hand IB prevents iron from reporting and assists you to “see” a non-ferrous target lying next to iron.
However too much of this “suppressor” and now it starts to hide / mask the non-ferrous as well.
Am I saying not to use it? Absolutely not. Everyone has different goals when hunting. Preference if you will.
My goal was to learn and operate at F2 - 0. At first I dug quite a bit of iron but as I learned what iron sounds like with no iron bias, I started digging less and less. I still dig some iron when I go out however it’s minimal and (to me) a necessary evil to dig suspect signals.

I have done quite a bit of testing on actual in-the-field coin targets while adjusting iron bias over them. My conclusion is to use it sparingly. It’s a powerful feature that can help and at the same time hurt if too much is applied.

I have heard coins partially masked and as I raised the iron bias ( only a few points) it made the signal degrade to where I would of walked right over the coin. The best way to understand IB is to get out in the field and adjust it over Non-ferrous targets.

good luck in the field !
Earthlypotluck, I understand more now thank you.
I too am mostly a coin shooter .
I will be going to a Colvin war site on a private farm at the end of the month.
Maybe there I’ll see if I get some relics if I use less.
Tony