Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferrous # 13

team sidewinder

I have had my CTX for a couple of years now ( not a total newbie ) and is it just my detector but it shows every silver or clad coin as Ferrous # 13 ? Doesn't matter if it is buried or even laying on the surface. It seems like when I first got it, it would give # 12 ferrous on silver and clad coins. Everything I read in coin the charts show these coins should be coming in at # 12 ferrous. I also never go by just the numbers and rely on the tones but the # 13 ferrous makes me wonder is this common or not. Thanks for your input

Mine is never always on 12FE line. It jumps around from 11 to 13 all the time.

Thank you Jason. Here I was thinking it was just my detector was a fluke. Appreciate your input

Like Jason, mine is never 100% on the 12 line. 80% maby. What I have seen is that on quarters that are distorted by ground conditions, i.e. hunting
where a building burned out or having granular rust nearby, most always will give you a 13 fe #. The undistorted, clean, not shiny clean but no ground
minerals or burned buildings or rusted out and disintergrated metal nearby I will get a 12 fe #. Now, I also get 11 fe #'s also on pennys, nickels, dimes
but never a quarter, yet??? What I have done that has helped is to change speed of swing, turn 90 to 180 to 270 degrees to see if it changes and it
almost always does come off the 13 to the 12 on a quarter at some point. The strange thing is that when the smaller denominations come in on the 11 line
I can't ever remember getting them off the 11 line. Who knows???

SIDEWINDER
its ok ther are times because of soil and settings that this will happen there is no problem and keep digging them 13-45
all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minelabbob

Thanks. The conductive numbers are usually right on. Coming from a Minelab 705 with no ferrous numbers it really hasn't made me miss any coins but wondered about my # 13 ferrous numbers. I just wanted confirmation from more experienced CTX users on this.