Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally...An indian head

Tenspeed

I finally found an Indian head penny!! It has only been 4.5 years since I found my first one (this is number two. Also found a 1944P nickel, 4 Wheaties from the teens and twenties, and a copper flat button.

I was hunting at an 1805 home in the middle of my town yesterday and today that has been hunted by me and a friend before (we found 1901 Barber, buffalo, many teens and twenties Wheaties) and yesterday I found a brass object that no one that I know can identify.

It is a bust of a man with a threaded bottom for screwing on to something and a holed extension on the back for ?? (ring, chain). It has "Pat Applied For" on the back, and what many folks say looks like "England" on the left side of the mans head (I can't see the D on the end). It is very comfortable when gripped from above with two fingers.

Anybody have suggestions as to what it is? Google hasn't helped.

I have been hunting TTF with my 6x8 coil on my ETrac and swinging slowly to find these items.

This yard has been good to me but I would really love to know what the bust is. It seems to me that it could be a plumbing fixture pull or something.

Thanks for any help you can give on ID for this item.

I am also hunting some 1700's home sites tomorrow morning and a mid 1800's home Sunday (this home has yielded a flying eagle, shield nickel, Indians, V nickels, silver and Wheaties), so hopefully I will have more Indian Heads and maybe even something more special!

More Pictures of the thing to identify

Nice finds. I'll be interested in what you find out about your mystery object as well. Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on the finds.

NebTrac

Is it a door knocker? Very cool finds ... by the way!! How much fun you are going to have hunting there. Probably want to dig just about everything. I wouldn't rule out hunting in multitone conductive as well though. My goodness.... good luck to you!! Keep us posted!!

Congrats on finding the Indian and other finds !

It is a door knocker. I put it on Treasurnet in the What Is It forum and someone found one with a different bust, but exactluy the same shape.

I will have a post coming from a couple of hunts this weekend. 1917 Buffalo and an old Chinese coin Saturday from the yard I found the WWI medallion. Yesterday I hunted with a couple of buddies and found my first US staff coat button with a ton of gilt along with a Duke Power bus/trolley token.

They will be posted tonight when I get home and can get pictures of everything. I spent last night cleaning the button.