Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally Back on the Silver Wagon

hubbler

Went on a combination deer hunting and metal detecting trip this week and had success at both. Put a doe in the freezer and found these keepers.

Detected an old motel property first. Only got to hunt for two hours one afternoon after the sun thawed the ground. Found the two quarters, a merc and 8 wheats. On the way home yesterday, stopped at two parks and found the other merc and 2 wheats. The SLQ and both mercs were 7-8". Mercs found 100 miles apart are both 1939D. The SLQ is slick, the Washington is 1941D, and the wheats are 1935 to 1958.

Weather is supposed to be decent for the next week, so hope to get back out a couple more times before yearend.

HH

Ron

Congrats on the great finds Ron !

Hey Dave. The SLQ was the first keeper I found--and was in the outside edge of the common area of the motel. It's my first SLQ, so I was pretty excited. Also found several '65-'67 quarters and dimes near the surface, so doesn't look like its ever been detected. Looking forward to my next trip over that way.