Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally found a Buff Nickel...and a cap pistol

pplinker

Got out in the cold today to an old house that belongs to a friend who said it was okay. Being rented so I cleared it with the renters, too. Misty rain coming down and my hands got cold. Found first buffalo nickel. Probably an everyday occurrence for most of you, but a buffalo nickel has always eluded me. Wheat penny and some 60's, 70's and clad. Also a 1927 dog tag, indicating the site is pretty old.

Before leaving I got a strong signal...I think it was like a penny, but not sure because my brain was going numb like my hands. Dug up the pistol which has a size and weight about the same as a modern .380, not much bigger than a deck of playing cards. This isn't the tin cap gun like some companies made, this is cast zinc with the weight and feel of a real gun. Had me wondering for a minute. Didn't find much about this particular one but finally discovered the K on the grips stands for the Kilgore company in Westerville, Ohio which closed in 1960. The picture is not too clear but there is a flying hawk on one end and a fierce looking Indian on the other. The grips look like real checkering although they are metal. The other side even has an oil hole. This must have been a real quality toy. Will soak it and try to get it loosened up. Thanks for looking.

P.S. I gave the renters a 12 pack of Mt Dew out of happiness of finding the Buff.

Nice finds!!! Buffalo’s elude me as well. It has been my goal for the year but haven’t got it done. Found a bunch of early 40’s jeffersons! So I’m close!!! Happy hunting

wow very happy for you I have only found two buffalos in my life and that was many years ago and the nice toy gun to boot as well. It looks sooo real!! Way to bring home the metal pplinker!!!

Thank you to all!

I always dig the nickel signals. Sometimes they lead to a great prize...like your buffalo. Congrats on your first!

A big congrats on finding your first Buffalo Nickel !
The bad news is that now you have to start looking for V Nickels and Shield Nickels ! :rofl:

Mcdetect said:
I always dig the nickel signals. Sometimes they lead to a great prize...like your buffalo. Congrats on your first!

For the Deus if they stay in 60's and dip to 54 and make some odd bell like tones it's likely a nickel.

Thank you!

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
A big congrats on finding your first Buffalo Nickel !
The bad news is that now you have to start looking for V Nickels and Shield Nickels ! :rofl:

Thank you E-Trac and thanks Drakester. Hope the V and Shields come along some day. Happy hunting to you!

Congrats on the nice finds! It's been a long time since I've dug a buffalo nickel.

Great finds! Brings back many memories. I grew up with buffalo nickels in my pocket, and I had one of those cap guns. No telling how many rolls of caps I burned through that thing!